How to modify the pins on the Fritzing potentiometers?

I am trying to create PCBs for guitar pedals, but the pins on the schematic for the potentiometer do not match up with the standard pots that I use. (Like a A100K PCB style https://www.taydaelectronics.com/datasheets/files/A-5415-1.pdf) The size and outline are ok, but pin order on the PCB is 2, 3, 1 instead of 1, 2, 3, which is the order of all of the ones I have ever bought. This is causing me some issues between the Schematic to PCB design. Is there a way to change the pin references or has someone created a part similar to this. Thanks for any help you can give me.
fritzing_pot_sch_pcb

I was able to finally figure this out. You can highlight the pins and choose Select Graphic. That allowed me to order and name the pins properly. Thanks.

For schematic, you should also be able to “flip” the part. Either horizontal or vertical. Select (click on) the part to make it active, then “Part” menu and “Flip” options. You can also right click the part, and choose one of the Flip options from the context menu.

Depending on the particular part, flip may or may not be available of the breadboard view as well. Otherwise, only rotate can be used. For PCB, another option is to move it to the bottom of the pcb. That will effectively flip it in the view.

Thanks, my issue was the schematic to PCB did not match the actual pin order of the pot. I was able to swap the pin in the pin editor. Took me a few YouTube videos to figure that out. :slight_smile: . Thanks for the feedback!

In some of the pots the pin labels in schematic are incorrect (the internal pin labels are correct and they work though.) If you click on a pin label you will get a description of the pin which should tell you if it is correct. In any case here is a custom part that should work for this particular pot (before ordering boards print out the pcb footprint at 1:1 scale and check it against a real part though!)

pot-taydaelectronics-A-5416-1.fzpz (4.5 KB)

Peter

Wow! That is awesome, thanks so much. I will definitely try this out.