How to create an SMT board with Fritzing?

I have made a PCB with fritzing for prototyping, but want to move on to an industry-grade product for fast production of the same circuit, which I guess should be SMT.
are there services available for that? what would be the cost?
My circuit is presently a 50x70 mm PCB, containing an ESP8266MOD processor.
Thanks.

There are services that make assembled boards, I have no idea of costs, but Fritzing doesn’t produce pick and place information which I understand is needed by such services.

As long as all the parts have Fritzing parts that are SMD just changing the part from THT to SMD in Inspector should do the trick.

Peter

@vanepp Fritzing produces a pick and place file. Choose the extended gerber export, and there should be a <project_name>_pnp.txt file.
However, the file must be reviewed, and in most cases, manually adapted and processed by the Fab or designer. For example, part orientations often are not aligned with the part manufacturers packaging/pallets/feeding, so parts might end up with wrong orientation or even with top/bottom switched.

So there is! I just never noticed it before. As I recall discussion on this from 3 to 5 years ago the issue (from people familiar with PickandPlace which isn’t me :slight_smile: ) was that Fritzing parts don’t have the fields for center of gravity. The opinion then was it would be a lot of work to add it (and development was stopped at the time.) I expect the placement issue may have also been part of the discussion but I mostly remember the lack of center of gravity information.

Peter

Peter