How do I update my Windows Frizing version

Hi All,

I am running Windows 10 and I am still very much a beginner and installed this program sometime ago. I did a few projects (that I never managed to finish) then set it aside whilst I concentrated on something else for the time being.

Now has come the time for me to start using this software again, but I have seen that their has been several updates since.

My simple question is… how do I update this to the latest version without losing my previously saved projects and Parts that were created please?

NOTE: I have already clicked the Download Windows 64bit link and tried to install it, however it fails and throws up an error message before rolling back to its previous state.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards
Paul

The software will preserve your files during the upgrade (you sometimes need to specifically delete them to clear problems.) Your problem is more likely the error message during install, what does the error message say?

Peter

Hi Peter,
This is the error code I keep getting when trying to install
Screenshot 2022-02-22 Fritzing-error-code-Installation_error

Paul

I’ve never seen that one before. I would try re downloading Fritzing on the assumption that the download got corrupted. There is such a file in my installation

so check if such a file exists on your system. You might need to reload Fritzing with antivirus disabled in case your AV is objecting to that particular file.

Peter

Hi Peter,

Just to update you and for anyone else who comes across this error.

I had to turn “Off” McAfee Realtime scanning whilst running the download, because that is what was stopping the update.

Once it had finished, I switched Realtime scanning back on and all is good.

Thank you for your support

Paul