Heltec NEW WiFi Kit 32 (V2)

The latest version of the WiFi Kit 32 board has different pinouts and I needed a part for my diagrams. I am new to this app and this is my first part. I also have a copy on my new github site just focused on my maker projects.
Heltec-NEW-WiFi-32

Heltec New WiFi Kit 32.fzpz (33.6 KB)

Hi, thanks for sharing that part. We have the V1 version in a pull request, unfortunately it got stuck. https://github.com/fritzing/fritzing-parts/pull/244 . Are you aware of it, do you want to integrate it to core parts?

I am happy to donate the part to the core.

Over all a good part. The only important thing missing are the layerIds (which means if you export a sketch as an svg, your part won’t appear because the layerIds are missing.) To correct that (assuming Inkscape here), edit the svg, edit->select all, group and then name the group for the layer (i.e breadboard or schematic) then save it and rebuild the part.

Peter

Thanks for the information. I will work on that. The tips are very helpful as the tool is pretty overwhelming at first.

Part making is overwhelming always :slight_smile: . There is a python test tool here (it is what flagged the missing layerIds, although I know to check for them):

Peter

I updated the part and also fixed some of the connector descriptions as I had overlooked that. I wasn’t sure what those are used for. Thanks again for your help. I will try to get the part checker working. I had been using Illustrator but the Inkscape tool was definitely much easier to use for part building.

Heltec New WiFi Kit 32.fzpz (51.3 KB)

Close, but not quite right yet :slight_smile: and one more thing I didn’t mention: for Fritzing you need to remove the px from the font sizes (Inkscape won’t do it) which is another thing FritzingCheckPart does:

Modified 1: File
‘svg.schematic.WifiKit32_80fd968eb88dc43b41ceecddb65b0421_1_schematic.svg.bak’
At line 307

Removed px from font-size leaving 2.5

You can do this by editing the svg file with a text editor and replacing px with “”, or run check part (which is what I do.) If you leave the px in, at some point (after editing with parts editor I think) Fritzing sets the font size to 0 and all your text gets small or disappears. Your current svgs have the group present but not the correct layerId:

the layerId needs to match that set in the fzp file, normally breadboard for breadboard and schematic for schematic.

to avoid error messages like this from checkpart:

Error 69: File
‘svg.breadboard.WifiKit32_80fd968eb88dc43b41ceecddb65b0421_1_breadboard.svg.bak’
At line 19

Found a drawing element before a layerId (or no layerId)

Error 69: File
‘svg.schematic.WifiKit32_80fd968eb88dc43b41ceecddb65b0421_1_schematic.svg.bak’
At line 17

Found a drawing element before a layerId (or no layerId)

Peter

Gotcha…I figured out how to get the tool running in WSL and got this new version. Thanks again for the shortcuts as it would have taken me a bit to get up to speed on much of this.

Heltec New WiFi Kit 32.fzpz (51.3 KB)