Help with DIN 4 female connector

Hi… I need a DIN 4 female connector. I found a DIN 5 with large enough hole sizes (must be > 1 mm) and distance between support holes 10 mm and copper around the support holes, BUT it’s not possible to make connections to the support holes, which I must connect the ground.

I tried the parts editor but can’t find how to make the support holes connectable. The “fifth” hole doesn’t bother me much, but I must be able to do connections to the support pins.

Can anybody help me, please?

Best regards
Zoltan Németh, Sweden

The best bet would be to provide a data sheet with a mechanical drawing of the exact part you want to produce a custom part. While I could modify the 5pin DIN in core parts a proper part would be almost as easy.

Peter

Great :). Hope the image can provide You with neccessary data. Could I ask You to do both 4P and 5P to be sure that the connector will fit inte the holes, and that the support pins are connectable too?

Best Regards
Zoltan

These two parts should do what you want. The holes are all 0.06in (~1.5mm). It would be wise to print out the pcb footprint at 1:1 scale and check it against a real part before ordering boards though.

4-pin-DIN-connector.fzpz (6.6 KB)

5-pin-DIN-conector.fzpz (6.9 KB)

Peter

Thanks Peter :). Printed out the PCB and seems perfect to me!

Best Regards
Zoltan