Half size UNO R3 Shield

I selected PCB1 v.5 to make Arduino Shield. How can I resize my PCB to shorter than the one provided by program.
Or how can I draw my custom design shape?

Somsak

Inspector (lower right corner of the screen) will change the pcb1 size. You would probably be better to type shield in to parts search icon (the magnifying glass) on the parts bin though as there are several arduino shields available there already. To draw a custom shape you would use an svg editor such as Inkscape and make a new part (which is fairly complex). There are tutorials in here on parts making.

Peter

Just came back from my holiday. I cannot see anything to change the size.

Does the board show up in the “breadboard” tab? If so, you maybe able to resize it in there, thus reflecting in the “PCB” tab.

You can’t change the size of parts only the std square PCB, you need to draw it.

Those shields are just a ghost outline to place parts, they aren’t actual PCB.

Ah, you look to have a custom board loaded which supresses the board size change (you can resize a pcb1 in inspector). You (or me if you like) would need to use an svg editor such as Inkscape to resize the board in the svg file associated with the part. If you want me to do it you would need to upload the part’s .fzpz file (7th icon from the left on the reply tool bar) and supply the dimensions of the size you want the board reduced to.

Peter

Yes, it shows but only can be rotated.

Thank, Peter
I just want to know how to do it in an easy way. It seems this basic function is difficult in fritzing.
I might not do a shape on the right hand side like UNO .

Somsak

Most EDAs have a simple stick drawing package included, but because of FZ’s complex breadboard view it can’t be done internally easily so it has to use a complex external svg vector drawing program. If you know how to vector draw it’s a snap, but if you don’t, and don’t want to spend many hours figuring it out, Peter said he will make you one. Just follow his instructions in his post.

1 Like

If you do not need the shape on the side you can use the default PCB and just resize it. To add the holes and silk screen to match the Arduino you drag out the appropriate Arduino on to the PCB. You really do not need the custom Arduino PCB unless you want that specific shape.

1 Like

When I drag Arduino on to my PCB, it automatically creates holes for me, right?

Yes exactly.:slight_smile:

When you look at the gerbers - I use free Gerbv - it will show you exactly what the PCB will have. It even has a drill.txt.