Ground plane erstellen, aber wie?

vorab: ich bin wohl auf dem neuesten Stand 0.9.3b.64.pc
mein erstes pcb layout ist bis auf die Masseverbindung fertig und der design check meckert auch nicht. Einzig und allein es ist das Netz GND nicht geroutet mit seinen 11 offenen Verbindungen. Was mache ich also um eine groundplane zu erstellen:

1. Routing
    2 Massefüllung klicken und da fängt es schon an, denn zur Auswahl werden angeboten: Kupferfüllung oben und nochmal Kupferfüllun oben. Erwartet hätte ich auch Massefüllung oben/unten
    ok Augen zu und weiter,
  2. Saat für Massefüllung anklicken und es öffnet sich ein “erklärendes” popup Menü wo ich
    4a ok anklicken kann aber nichts passier, wo ich auch
    4b abbrechen anklicken kann und das popup Fenster wie erwartet verschwindet undwo ich ltztlich
    4c “ok und Kupferfüllung” anklicken kann
    wo dann was passiert - aber nicht das produziert wird, nämlich eine Kupferfüllung ohne Masseverbindung, was ich eigentlich wollte - sondern eine Kupferfüllung auf dem top layer erzeugt wird, leider ohne Masseverbindung. Das ist ja in sofern konsequent, als auch das nur unter 2 angeboten wurde :-((

Wie gesagt das ist mein erster PCB-Entwurf also bitte nicht schimpfen oder lästern.Ich würde mich riesig über eine Schritt-für-Schritt und funktionierende Anleitung freuen.

Danke!

Und wenn ich was nachreichen kann auch hier die Bitte: genau sagen was und wie.

While I know almost nothing about ground fills (and don’t read german, but google translate does :slight_smile: ) this has come up before for instance here:

I think the part you are missing is probably the ground fill seeds, as I think that’s what changes a generic copper fill in to something that connects to the ground net.

Peter

“Copper fill” fills empty spaces that are not connected to ground.
“Ground fill” connects all grounds and fills empty spaces, but you have to manually “Ground Seed” the ground ends of parts that are going to be connected.

Google translate
"Kupferfüllung" füllt leere Räume, die nicht mit dem Boden verbunden sind.
“Ground Fill” verbindet alle Gründe und füllt leere Räume, aber man muss manuell “Ground Seed” die Bodenenden der Teile, die verbunden werden sollen.

1 Like

Thank-you Peter!
reason for writing in German was to quote the german dialogs. I’ll try to translate them here.

• First I click on ‘routing’ and choose ‘ground plan’ (Massefüllung)

• subdialog window opens offering:
    Copperplan (top/bottom)
    Groundplan (top/bottom)
    Seed for Groundplan
    … etc

• clicking Seed for Groundplan a new window opens telling how to choose a seed
    (already done before by highlighting an element with a ground connection or
    alternativ by highlighting a ground track)

• clicking ‘Routing’ ‘Groundplan’ same dialog as for clicking ‘Seed for Groundplan’ opens
    on the bottom one can choose ‘OK and Copperfiing’ ‘OK’ ‘break’ => no ‘OK and Groundplan’ to choose here?!

• clicking ‘OK and Copperfilling’ fritzing does excact this: producing a copperplan whith no ground connections :slight_smile:

What do I missing or doing wrong?

Hi Old_Grey
thank-you for the hint. However how do I this
"you have to manually “Ground Seed” the ground ends of parts that are going to be connected."

Sorry this might by a stupid question but didn’t find out :frowning:
Thanks!

Click on the part in PCB view, right-click the pad you want to ground, and select “Set Ground Fill Seed”

I’m no ground seed expert so i don’t know how the dialogue box works.

Thank-you Old_Grey!
I’ve tried exactly this several times before with no success. Maybe someone will try this procedere on his/her machine and will report here.
Btw. after selecting a part in PCB view and right.clicking a ground pad the popup box dosen’t show “set ground fill seed”.Iit just shows “order”, airwire, delete.
Maybe something is wrong in my schematic. All ground connections are tied together and connected to one ground symbol “Ground1” from inspector.
Thank-you for patience

Upload the .fzz here using the 7th button.