Fritzing will not work with voltage dividers

Steps I took that resulted in the problem:

I have a project where I need to take a voltage reading. I have a 47k/10k divider going to pin A0 on my Arduino. Fritzing WILL NOT allow this (Or I dont know how) and always shows unrouted paths or creates ratsnest lines in either the Schematic or Breadboard view. I am trying to get both in sync… but I can only make one of these correct at a time.

Example of what breadoard SHOULD look like:
Example of what schematic SHOULD look like:

(New users can only attach one photo, so link to imgur album is here: http://imgur.com/a/m5Jys)

My Fritzing file. The schematic is correct in this file. The breadboard is incorrect. Please ignore the resistor attached to pin D6/ground. If I correct the breadboard, the schematic will be altered and be incorrect and vise-versa.
MyLVD_w_schematic.fzz (44.9 KB)

What I expected should have happened instead:

I’m not an expert so my verbiage here is in plainspeak. Fritzing should recognize the voltage divider and not create ratsnest lines.

Let me know what other data I can provide.

My version of Fritzing and my operating system:

Version 0.9.3 (b5c895d327c44a3114e5fcc9d8260daf0cbb52806 2016-04-19)

Please also attach any files that help explaining this problem

Try to ask for help before submitting a bug, because this looks like a case of not knowing FZ’s idiosyncrasies.

The usual method is work in only one view and make it perfect, and then trust the ratsnests in the other views for the connections.

The first thing I see in SCH is R2 has a red pin and R3 has a red junction, so something is not connected.

I suggest keeping this sketch open as a guide and redoing it in a new sketch, but only working in one view double checking that things are actually connected and perfect. Then finishing the others. There are probably too many persistent links in FZ to actually fix this unless you are an expert.

1 Like