Fritzing does not start

here is my issue. it freezes in 14% while loading and shows not responding.Anyone facing this? any solution?

operating system : windows 10

I’m having that exact issue also Windows 10

Love the background BTW

Temporary solution for me was to use an old version the latest version that works for me is 0.9.2b

Your temporary solution also doesn’t work

I edited the photo and put it on my screen

I can’t really help, but I remember there were probs when 0.8.3 was released on Win10. I know they fixed some Win10 bug early on and released a latter 0.8.3 the next month. The problem 0.8.3 was 186,482KB, fixed 0.8.3 was 186.786KB.

I know there was a problem with the part update for a lot of people. Basically it would load parts without any indication, so after a while people thought it froze and closed the prog. This totally destroys the install and any reloads of the program, and the way to clear it was to remove every trace of FZ in the files and start again.

The other bug was that some people didn’t have MS runtime installed and got the api error.

EDIT - I just remember that some people’s anti virus was damaging the download, so maybe turn it off.

I would suggest trying clearing the user directories, it looks like something is corrupted in there and hanging the load. These instructions tell you which directories to delete. If just deleting them doesn’t work, delete them again (because Fritzing will repopulate them) and then delete the Fritzing installation and reinstall it. If you don’t have a network connection (which I currently don’t) Fritzing will hang on start for a couple of minutes while it trys to access gihub to get the parts repository. After a couple of minutes it will give up and complete the load though. If you interrupt Fritzing before it has finished the update from github is typically how this failure is caused, and the only solution is to delete the user directories (because they are what gets corrupted and a reinstall will not fix them.)

There are two user directories (with your parts and the parts database) which don’t get touched during an install (to not affect your sketches during upgrades). On Windows they are in

c:\users\username\AppData\Fritzing\roaming\Fritzing (which is a hidden directory so you need to enable hidden directories in explorer) and

c:\Users\username\My Documents\Fritzing (where username is your windows id)

If you don’t have any parts or sketches you want to keep you can just delete those two directories and Fritzing will recreate them, or you can move them aside by renaming them if you wan to keep something in them.

Peter

1 Like

before your comment I found out this by myself. I appreciate you.

Always remember when faced this type of issue before solving this just cool down and read some good morning quotes then you will see the mind will be fresh and you will get the solution of that problem.

thanks for the advice

hello, i still have this issue , Does anyone knows how to solve it, I tried to follow the commenters it doesn’t work for me
please let me know
thank you

What Fritzing version and what operating system are you using and how does Fritizing not work?

Peter

@judi please answer peter. Your problem will be solved

我fritzing無法啟動的問題已解決,謝謝你的幫忙。
The problem that my fritzing cannot be started has been solved, thank you for your help.