Fritzing crashes with no warning

I’m running Windows 10 version 22H2.
The Fritzing I downloaded is version 1.0.0 from the official website (Download Fritzing).
The software does not work as expected, it crashes with no warning. It just disappears.
I have lost the sketches I made.

The computer I used is a brand new laptop that has been used for about a week. No other software is having any problems on this laptop.

Is there any way I can download an older version? That might solve my problem.

This is unusual and suggests a local problem. The first thing I would suggest is deleting the user directories then removing and reinstalling version 1.0.0 to see if that helps. The instructions from removing user directories:

"There are two user directories (with your parts and the parts database) which don’t get touched during an install (to not affect your sketches during upgrades). On Windows they are in

c:\users\username\AppData\Fritzing\roaming\Fritzing (which is a hidden directory so you need to enable hidden directories in explorer) and

c:\Users\username\My Documents\Fritzing (where username is your windows id)

If you don’t have any parts or sketches you want to keep you can just delete those two directories and Fritzing will recreate them, or you can move them aside by renaming them if you want to keep something in them.

linux

~/Documents/Fritzing/parts
~/.config/Fritzing

Mac

/Users/username/Documents/Fritzing/parts
~/.config/Fritzing"

the instructions have not been needed a lot in recent years though. Older versions of Fritzing are available on the download page where you got 1.0.0. You may wish to save your sketches (File->save or File->save as) fairly often until you figure out what the problem is.

Peter