Formed schematic not translating properly from breadboard

Steps I took that resulted in the problem:

Wired the breadboard like the schematic from which I worked from. The schematic that fritzing formed didn’t connect the 555 timer chip even though I clearly connected it on the breadboard.

See the image attached

What I expected should have happened instead:

That when I wire everything on the breadboard, the schematic formed by fritzing will connect the components like I did on the breadboard.

See the image attached.

My version of Fritzing and my operating system:

Version 0.9.4
(CD-498-0-a1ffcea 2019-12-01) 64 [Qt 5.12.3]
Windows 10 Pro

Please also attach any files that help explaining this problem:

You appear to have found a bug in one of the core parts. The problem is that the 555 timer in breadboard is not connected (you can tell because the pins are red indicating no connection, rather than green.) A quick work around is to use one of the other 555 parts in core (there are three for reasons unknown, 2 of them incorrect):

In the image above the middle one is the one you want. The first one has an incorrect label (generic but truncated) but with correct connections (green rather than red), the second appears correct, and the third is the one you look to have used which is broken (the connections are red in breadboard indicating no connection.) If you delete the current part and replace it with the middle one schematic should work correctly. Note in schematic if you right click on the part and click rotate 90 degrees clockwise the part will be aligned correctly. You can usually achieve the same result more easily by dragging the part in to schematic rather than breadboard as it will usually be aligned correctly (which is a bug that hasn’t yet been fixed.)


Thank you. It worked :slight_smile: :smiley:

Actually that one is SMD package, and yes the breadboard view is incorrect…
The pins are set as “pad” instead of “male”…!!! :man_facepalming:

Good catch, I missed that. That may make a fix relatively simple, I had been assuming we would need to obsolete the old part (and at present there is no one left who knows how the obsoleting code works, so we are learning as we go.) A simple correction in the pad type to male shouldn’t need obsoleting and will fix this. I’ll consider making a pull request (which for me has its own problems :slight_smile: .)