👎 error: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpcre.so.3: error adding symbols: DSO missing from command line

Hi,
I’m a beginner with Fritzing and I’m trying to compile it on my Ubuntu 20.04 LTS.
I have the following error:
:-1: error: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpcre.so.3: error adding symbols: DSO missing from command line

I compiled “libgit2” using the following commands:
cd libgit2
mkdir build
cd build
cmake -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=OFF …
cmake --build .

Some other details:
lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description: Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS
Release: 20.04
Codename: foca

qmake --version
QMake version 3.1
Using Qt version 5.12.8 in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu

Can someone help to me ?

thanks in advance

The easy solution would be to pay the 8 euro donation and download the precompiled version of Fritzing, compiling it is a lot of work! That said I haven’t ever seen an error building libgit2 on Linux. Ubuntu 18.04 lts was the last version I did so on though. This looks to be a problem in one of the system libraries rather than in libgit2. This article on stackoveflow seems to indicate it is a library order problem:

Peter

Hi all,
although I understand the importance of donations to support this project, I hate the fact that, for beginners and not it-skilled people, the only way to use the software is to pay for it.
I’ve been successful in compiling the 0.9.9 version but it took a lot of trial and error but it worked.

First step is to clone and download all the necessary repositories and libraries:

libgit2 is compiled as @marcoratto mentioned, in fritziong-app/…/libgit2/build

I then proceeded to run the app in qtcreator: i got the error this thread is named after.
The workaround I found is to place the following line on top of fritzing-app/phoenix.pro:

QMAKE_LFLAGS += "-Wl,--copy-dt-needed-entries"

I got another error related to libssh2 which was fixed by this other line in fritzinf-app/phoenix.pro

QMAKE_LFLAGS += "-lssh2"

I’m working on Manjaro Linux with qmake 3.1 and qt 5.15.2.