ElectroCookie Solderable Breadboards

These are ElectroCookie Solderable Breadboards, which can be used to transfer breadboard projects to a permanent solution 1:1. The batch file includes the mini boards (17*(5+5)) and the half-size boards (30*(5+5)), in the colors blue, black, green, red, white, and yellow.

Please let me know if there is an issue.

I’d like to thank @VanEpp for his excellent explanations on how to build these boards.

ElectroCookieBoards.fzbz (188.3 KB)

2 Likes

I’m loving these so far, started using these to plan out some of my home automation sensors before assembling. Any chance of getting the larger versions as well?

I’m new to Fritzing and haven’t even been able to get the existing boards open in the parts editor.

You can’t edit breadboards like normal parts, unfortunately. Making boards is quite labor intensive, so I don’t want ro promise you I can make them anytime soon.

The boards are great to use though, I very much agree!

These are fantastic, thanks for making them!

How tough would it be to do a “bottom” version of the board? When I build my projects, l put the wiring on the bottom and the components on the top. It would be great to have a usable board to model on. It’s just not quite right doing the bottom circuits on the top of the board.

The actual project:
Imgur

The Fritzing project:
Imgur

I doubt it is practical. The parts are top view and can’t (in breadboard anyway) be flipped to bottom view as far as I know. It would be easy enough to swap the boards top to bottom, but the parts will be on top of the board and the pins will be top view (not bottom as I think you need.) Using the D1 mini as an example it will look like this. The standard part is circled in green, the part circled in red is what you need with the pins inverted (it is a custom part that I made for someone who needed that on the D1 mini for something.)

note the pins are inverted vertically on the bottom part (i.e. it is bottom view in breadboard.) You would need to do that for pretty much any part you wanted to use which I don’t think is practical. This could be done in pcb where parts can be flipped to be on the bottom of the board, but there are no wires only traces in pcb. People sometimes use pcb for doing perfboard this way (as it has the same problem in breadboard.)

Peter

Thanks for replying!

I don’t necessarily need the components on the bottom view, I’m just trying to get an accurate image of the board so when I draw the wiring/circuits, it’s anatomically correct.

That is fairly trivial (at least for me) just a flip of the breadboard svg and a new custom part. Which ones do you want (as I recall there are a bunch of them?)

edit

here is a red-30 inverted version (I happened to have a copy of the red-30) to see if it does what you want.

ElectroCookie-red-30-bb-bottomview.fzpz (21.7 KB)

Peter

1 Like

Oh my gosh, that is exactly what I want! Thank you so much. If you don’t mind doing the black one, that’s what I normally use. And if you could do the small one in black also (is that 17?), that would be amazing.

Here you go:

ElectroCookie-black-17-bb-bottomview.fzpz (8.0 KB)

ElectroCookie-black-30-bb-bottomview.fzpz (22.0 KB)

Peter

1 Like

Wow, thanks so much! I really appreciate you making those for me!

Edit: Super happy with how it looks. Here’s a pic with your new board bottom!
https://imgur.com/a/xMQ7pDu

Hello. I know this is an older thread but I was hoping someone could help me out. I’m trying to use the Full Sized Solderable Breadboard in a model I’m making. I can’t seem to find this and wondered if anyone has a part for this or give me tips on how to edit the 30 bb board to add the additional ports.

All I could find was this link, but the download does not open up the black version. Just the beige one which I don’t want to use.

https://fritzing.org/projects/electrocookie-solderable-breadboards

Any help would be great!

Try this post. The fzbz file should load all the available boards, there appears to be something wrong with the .fzz file you referenced (I don’t know exactly what.)

Peter

I have seen this post. I have all those boards already in. The one I want to use is the Full Sized(63*5+5) board. Is there such a file to use? Or would I have to make it from scratch? Not even sure where to start with that.

https://www.amazon.com/Prototype-Solderable-Breadboard-Electronics-Gold-Plated/dp/B07YBYZCTN/ref=sr_1_5?crid=RWNPF824C453&keywords=electrocookie&qid=1706817476&s=electronics&sprefix=electrocooki%2Celectronics%2C110&sr=1-5&th=1

Here is a link to the ones I am using. Thank you!

While I’m not the author, I think the ones in the fzbz file are it. As the author noted earlier in this thread making breadboards is a high skill, lot of work project (parts editor for instance won’t do it.)

Peter