El Escudo and El Wirw

I have been searching for the El Escudo shield by spark fun, and some EL wire component ( I am working with chasing El wire). Can’t find any, would it be possible to mimik it somehow?

When frustrated with development, I have been poking at doing this. Luckily there are eagle files for the shield which reduces the work required. I was lazy and didn’t populate all of the pins (specifically the connectors for the inverter and the wire connections) so you have to connect those to the pads (rather than the connector) in breadboard as shown here:

note the connections on the shield are to the pad behind the connectors (there should be connections on both but I was too lazy). The three parts involved are here:

el-escudo-shield.fzpz (33.6 KB)
el-inverter.fzpz (7.1 KB)
el-wire.fzpz (5.2 KB)

Note neither the inverter nor wire have pcb view as they go to connectors (and again I was lazy). Also of note (but not related to Fritzing), the inverters will only run a single (the 3V on shown here) or 2 or 3 (the 12V one) wires at full brightness according to the Sparkfun web pages so using all ports may be a problem.

Peter

1 Like