Ebyte E22 SPI module parts

Hi all,

I’ve seen some of the Ebyte E22 modules in sketches before, but they always seem to be the UART variants which have a different footprint.
Does anybody happen to have a fritzing part for the SPI based E22 modules like the E22-900M22S E22-900M30S? I’m mostly interested in the PCB side of things.

Thanks for the help

Do you mean module like this:

or one of the breakout boards? There don’t appear to be available (as opposed to images of) Fritzing parts for either, but we would need to know exactly what you want to do anything useful. A web site with the mechanical drawing is preferred (but often not available!)

Peter

Correct. Just the bare SPI modules.

https://www.ebyte.com/en/product-view-news.aspx?id=437

I was just hoping to find a fritzing part with pads laid out for the module in the PCB view, so that I can use this on a PCB design to get printed.

Should be easy enough to make a part for it.

Peter

1 Like

OK this should do the job. As always before ordering boards, print out the pcb footprint at 1:1 scale (probably on overhead projector slide in this case!) and compare it to a real part to make sure the footprint is correct. This is a full part, and has all three views. Spacing in pcb is somewhat ugly in that the pitch changes from the 3 pins (1.27mm pitch) to the 8 pins (1.27mm pitch) at 5.57mm (or 4.385 1.27mm pins!) which seems odd and makes getting strait in pin alignment difficult. However that is what the data sheet says and so what I have done. If you want the other part you mentioned, it is a fairly minor alteration of this one (somewhat less pins in a different order.)

E22-900M22S.fzpz (6.3 KB)

You could make a board that takes the module and breaks it out to .1in spaced pins that would fit in a breadboard (what I should have done for breadboard, but was too lazy :slight_smile: .)

Edit: and a part for the E22-900M30S which has the pins on proper .1in boundaries everywhere. Same as above, print out and compare the footprint with a real part before ordering boards.

E22-900M30S.fzpz (6.7 KB)

Peter

1 Like

Wow! Thanks so much. These look fantastic!

The footprint for this module is definitely odd to say the least, and that’s what I found it so daunting compared to most of the fairly standard pitched 2-row modules I’m familiar with working with.