DFRobot Romeo BLE Mini

Are there any examples of Fritzing to look at using the DFRobot Romeo BLE Mini . Thanks
Charles Harris

It doesn’t look like anyone has yet made a Frtizing part for the DFRobot Romeo BLE Mini. Someone started one for the Romeo a couple of years ago, but there isn’t a part for it (and it isn’t the mini.) The links to the schematic and layout for the DFRobot Romeo BLE Mini on the DFRobot site don’t work (the github repo appears to be gone). It may be possible to make a part from the jpg image on that page though.

Peter

Hi Peter

Thanks for your message. I will have to some homework
Regards
Charles

Since trying to make a part is likely to discourage you before you try Frtizing, here is a ble mini part.

dfr-romeo-ble-mini.fzpz (36.6 KB)

Download the .fzpz file and in Fritzing File>Open and navigate to the .fzpz file and click open. That will load the part in to the mine parts bin where you can drag it in to a sketch to try Fritzing. There are motors and sensors of various types in core parts that will attach to the ble mini. Documentation is usually lacking, so feel free to ask questions here.

Peter

Thanks Peter for the file etc. You were correct and having a head start will make a biig difference.

Regards

Charles

Hi
On the way now getting to know a bit. A question: I have set up a project using the Romeo BLE Mini and added a slider pot, motor, on/off switch, and batterry for motor. How long should autorouting take? Went for about 12 minutes and I stopped it. Should it be left a little longer.

With codingfor sketch what is the most simple and basic block type program to use, to say adjust motor speed and change direction of motor? There seems to be a lot of programs, but one must be easier than the others (its called old age, and needs to be simple.)
Thanks
Charles

Learnt some more now have autorouting working.

Just a simple recommended sketch writer now
Thnaks
Charles

Assuming you are using 0.9.4 (the latest version) I think autorouting has been disabled, as it had problems and was crashing Fritzing. The few times I’ve used it, it finishes fairly quickly but the results are poor, you are usually better to do manual routing. If you complete the sketch in either breadboard or schematic (whichever is easier) the connections will show up as colored rats nest lines in pcb. If you double click on one it will create a trace that you can then drag in to the appropriate position, but if autoroute is working then using that is fine (at least for simple boards, the layout is usually very non optimal.)

I’m probably a bad one for recommendations on simple coding applications. I tend to use C++, but I started coding in the 1980s in assembler so that is easy for me) and don’t know any of the new coding stuff aimed at beginners. Hopefully someone else can suggest something relatively easy. I’ve used the graphical interface for the Micro:bit, but I think that is Micro:bit specific. I’ve heard of but never used something called Scratch (that may be what the Micro:bit is using), but I think they likely all depend on someone having written the necessary libraries for the board involved. The DFR site is likely the place to look for / ask about an easy coding solution if no one here has any suggestions.

Peter