DC Barrel Jack Adapter Male

I grabbed the svgs and fpz from the core parts directory breadboard2 and then the associated svgs from the svg directories and built a new part from them :slight_smile: Fritzing appears happy with it even though it isn’t blessed by parts editor.
Here is a copy to save you the trouble:

breadboard2.fzpz (42.6 KB)

Peter

Thanks @vannep. Bypassing tye parts editor? You rebel you!
I am making a part shortly that needs to be positionable below any breadboard or stripboard. Any ideas what edits I need to make to the fpz to make that happen? Thanks.

I’m not sure you can, one of the features of the breadboard family (I’m told by @steelgoose who is the source of most of my good information :slight_smile: ) is that they are always on the bottom. Steve may know of a way though.

Peter

I only really need it behave like a breadboard and respond to send to back, that’s good enough.

@sgparry0407 I don’t think it is possible… You would probably need to make it as a breadboard part moduleId="???_BreadboardModuleID" then I suppose you could slide one breadboard part under the other breadboard. But you would loose some functionality… like no schematic or pcb. Another option would be is to make the breadboard as a part and not a breadboard. Take the “BreadboardModuleID” out and rename it. Then you could move it to any layer (above or below). I helped someone with a part a long, long time ago with the breadboard part that had no pcb/schematic and part of it with pcb/schematic. As I recall, we had to the the hybrid for the breadboard pins…

This could be even uglier, as the part on top I am using is stripboard. Once I have the basic ‘lower’ part, I’ll try a few permutations and get back to you.

You may be able to make a new strip board part (probably the same way I did breadboard) and change its family name to something other than breadboard. I think it is the family name that trips the “always on the bottom” code.

Peter

The strip boards have a functionality where you can connect the holes together… If you take the function out of it and make it a part, I doubt if any of that will work. You may be able to save the strip board as a part (a board with a bunch of holes) but the likes to connect the holes probably won’t work.

The strip board is a funny animal, you can size it and link the holes, it is probable generated on the fly with some kind of Python script or something.