Closes when opening a file

anytime i go to open a file, fritzing pops up saying fritzing has stopped responding. any ideas?

I am having the same problem with fritzing.0.9.2b.64.pc.
Whenever a file dialog (open or save) is launched, Fritzing crashes.

Initially happened on a new DELL OptiPlex with W7Pro SP1. Th ecrash would happen while trying to draw the file dialog.

I tried sfc/scannow and it fixed a couple items, and I upgraded drivers and BIOS, but the problem continued.

I then upgraded the machine to W10Pro and the problem still exists. Now, the File dialog gets drawn, but then the app crashes when I try to navigate within the dialog.

Debuging the crash with VS2013, I see:
“Unhandled exception at 0x00007FFC8F21E6FC (ntdll.dll) in Fritzing.exe: 0xC0000374: A heap has been corrupted (parameters: 0x00007FFC8F2722B0).”

Does the presence of VS21013 on the system mess up some .NET Framework dependency?

The same build of Fritzing works fine on a different W7 PC in the office.

I’m having the same problem. I opened a debug session in Visual Studio also which stated the same "unhandled exception at (ntdll.dll). any body got an answer to this issue?

I have Windows 10 64bit with VS 2015 installed and Fritzing still freezes when anything on main window is clicked.