Can't get a shape to load from Inkscape

Hi Folks,
Im having a dickens of a time trying to get an image to load in the program. I’ve followed all the instructions but it keeps on telling me I have no silkscreen layer. It has two layers, a bord layer and a silkscreen layer. Help!!
Strat Plate Final 2

Try this instead. The layer names need to be lower case, the svg needs an Edit–>select all then Edit->Resize page to selection and then File->Save as and saved as plain svg in Inkscape. Probably only the group names to lower case would be enough though.

f05ac4b9dbe3b6c50bfdc5bb16b9263b25263549-fixed

That produces this:

and at least on Fritzing 0.9.9 apparently correct gerber output (earlier Fritzing versions have gerber bugs!)

Peter

Peter,
Thank you for your help. I got the shape to load but I can’t draw anything on the shape, it all sits behind the shape. I am using the version precious to the latest build as my computer wont load the latest iteration. Is there anyway to fix this issue?

Try this one. I removed the odd stroke/fill defs and moved them inline and the same as circle.svg and that appears to work.

f05ac4b9dbe3b6c50bfdc5bb16b9263b25263549-fixed

you may be able to change the background color in the svg, I don’t know whether it cares that it is white (I suspect not.)

Peter

Peter,
I owe you big time. It is rare to find someone so willing to help another online with a problem. Thank you so very much. If you ever need a guitar harness, let me know and I’ll build you one for free. again, my deepest thanks.
-Matthew
Shotvalve Guitars