Blank Logo Import

I made a svg and loaded it into a PCB with Silkscreen Image, and it ends up an empty rectangle.

Any ideas how to fix it.

Change extension from .fzz to .svg to get image.
Speeduino logo8sm.fzz (9.5 KB)

While I’m not sure what you are trying to do with it, it currently isn’t in group silkscreen (but that may be fixed by importing it there) and it has pxes in the font sizes (which Fritzing will tend to set to a font size of zero which may be your problem) as in

text
transform="scale(1.0439292,0.95791935)"
id="text3336"
y=“6.3333588"
x=”-16.01897"
style=“font-style:normal;font-variant:normal;font-weight:normal;font-stretch:normal;font-size:13.3781023px;line-height:125%;font-family:‘Droid Sans’;-inkscape-font-specification:‘Droid Sans, Normal’;text-align:start;letter-spacing:0px;word-spacing:0px;writing-mode:lr-tb;text-anchor:start;fill:#000000;fill-opacity:1;stroke:none;stroke-width:1px;stroke-linecap:butt;stroke-linejoin:miter;stroke-opacity:1”

the “font-size:13.3781023px” needs to change to “font-size:13.3781023” to keep Fritzing happy.
That needs to be done with a text editor as Inkscape will just put it back in when it saves the svg if you try and do it there.

If you go to the bottom of CORE parts/PCB view/Silkscreen Image/Inspector/Load Image, you are supposed to be able to load images into the PCB view. I tried it with a rectangle svg without a silkscreen group, which is probably not applicable to load image, it works. But even after I grouped everything in to a silkscreen group and removed all the px references - forgot this was text -, it’s still an empty rectangle with a dotted outline.

Yep, does the same to me (which is no help :slight_smile: ) I guess wait for Steel …

I did it the sucky way, ie Export as PNG, Import back in and Path/Trace Bitmap.