Adding, Removing Finding Parts in the Parts Bin

I am having problems with the microprocessor part, ESP8266 NodeMCU LoLin module-fixed. I want to add this part to my parts bin, however the microprocessor part, ESP8266 NodeMCU LoLin module is already in the bin.

When I try to import the microprocessor part, ESP8266 NodeMCU LoLin module-fixed into my bin, I get the error message/dialog box informing me that the microprocessor part, ESP8266 NodeMCU LoLin module is already in the bin.

How can I remove the microprocessor part, ESP8266 NodeMCU LoLin module from my parts bin?

Right click on the part in the parts bin and select remove part

then exit Fritzing and answer the exit questions as follows:

yes to keep imported parts.

no to save the sketch (assuming you don’t want the sketch for something or if the part is in the sketch in which case you want yes!)

and yes to the save parts bins question (to actually delete the part!) This deletes the part and on restart Fritzing will allow you to add the new version.

Peter

Thank you Peter. You provide an explanation to solve this problem which is simple and easy to follow, even though the logic seems to be a bit twisted.

From my engineering graduate school days, we would say that this procedure is “not intuitively obvious”. Your explanation is simple.

Best wishes,
Jerry

You are correct it violates the principle of least astonishment :slight_smile: . The problem is that the files are held internally so they are available to be either saved or discarded at the shutdown prompt. I have suggested a way to fix this (remove the deleted files from the list and actually delete the files when the user requested them) which would avoid the need to do the shutdown, but it hasn’t been implemented yet (likely due to more important bugs of which there are plenty!)

Peter

Peter: I appreciate your Principle of Least Astonishment, as you so clearly(?) explained.

I thought that Convolution was assigned to Network Theory.

Jerry