Adding image on my PCB

Hi,

When I select an image, it show like that :

Is there a specific format for the image ?

Thanks in advance.
Julien

SVG image. If you “must” use a bit map image, an SVG file can contain an embedded bitmap (jpg, png, more). The SVG file needs to have a header with real world dimensions (inches or mm), so that Fritzing can scale it to match the rest of the parts in the view.

Posting (uploading) the actual image file you are attempting to use could get more detailed information.

You can also try using a .png file and silkscreen image:

Peter

Then someone should report it on github as a bug (otherwise it won’t get fixed.) As I recall a png worked when last I tried it probably on 0.9.6 but I rarely do pcb images.

Peter

I succeed ! I make my svg starting from a svg from Fritzing librairie and it works !

It looks to me that only a silkscreen layerId svg works. I have tried the png files in past forum posts on all of 0.9.3b, 9.4 9.6 and 9.7 and they don’t render correctly (didn’t even try gerber output.) The Fritzing\fritzing-parts\svg\core\pcbsvg\Fritzing icon.svg however loads in the pcb image part just fine and renders in gerber output. Your best bet is to start from that file and add your image with a svg editor such as Inkscape.

Peter

Just select a black and white image file format and it works. It could be made using Windows Paint and saving the image as a black and white bmp.

I’d say ‘it’s weird’ but, won’t say it because things change…

Re: above post

I just tried it again (on v0.9.3) and it didn’t work. However, I opened an old Fritzing file with PNG images on both Schematic and PCB and they’re good. But, I could not add new PNG image successfully…

I wondered if I had miss-stated re using PNG. So, I looked at that Post and see the User was Successful using PNG… go figure!

Screenshot for convenience

Follow-Up to my previous Post…

Couldn’t let it rest so, I re-did some tests… It works with PNG as long as the PNG makes Fritzing Happy.

I imagine various programs do various things to the PNG file.

I just tried with LibreDraw, did NOT work.

I just tried with PaintBrush, YES, it worked (on PCB and Schematic)

So, if user has trouble with PNG, try a different app to create it…

ADDED: Further Follow-Up…
I tried again, using LibreDraw and this time, I unchecked the default settings (interlaced and Transparancy). Unchecking them worked!! Last image(s)

MetaData of the PNG

Screen Shot 2022-09-18 at 11.08.32