Adafruit supplied support files

I downloaded an AdaFruit library set which included two parts files (*.FZP) and a *.FZ file, all files are in the same directory. The FZ file (1.3-TFT-graphocstest.fz loads when I double-click on the file (or use ‘open’ in the File menu) the FZ file runs, but I get message that fritzing is unable to find the two *.fzp support files in the same directory. Where should I put these two files so the application can find them?

That sounds a little strange. A .fz file is an uncompressed sketch (document). A .fzp file is a part definition file. A .fzp file by itself is not a full part. It should have (up to) 4 .svg files with it. Usually the .fzp and .svg files are packaged togehter as a .fzpz file. A .fz is usually packaged as a .fzz, which can be opened directly, and contains any custom (non-core) parts it needs. Which includes the .fzp and .svg files.

Did that “library set” come as zip file? Maybe a .fzz file? If you provide a link to where you got the “library set” from, we can have a look to see what it is really doing.

Opening a .fzpz will add the part to the MINE bin, and put the files where they belong. Probably (for windows)

c:\Users\username\My Documents\Fritzing\user
c:\Users\username\My Documents\Fritzing\user\svg\user\breadboard
c:\Users\username\My Documents\Fritzing\user\svg\user\icon
c:\Users\username\My Documents\Fritzing\user\svg\user\pcb
c:\Users\username\My Documents\Fritzing\user\svg\user\schematic

You likely want to download the .fzpz file from here:

https://github.com/adafruit/Fritzing-Library/blob/master/parts/Adafruit%201.3in%20240x240%20IPS%20TFT.fzpz

assuming this is the display you want:

I think you likely got only part of the part files on github rather than the .fzpz file which is the complete part. The complete adafruit library is available as an fzb file (with instructions on how to load it in to Fritzing) on the Adafruit site as well but it is fairly large as it is all their products that have Fritzing parts.

Peter