Any 5 pin TO-220 packages already available?

What was that part you made with the offset row of legs, was it some sort of SIP array or something.

One of the wireless things I think, as I recall I was complaining about the pcb view being sloppy as it wasn’t aligned but it turns out the real device is made that way for some reason. That offset wasn’t much, something like only .05in I think.

Peter

I’m in need of that LM2575 also.
Can’t find a sample with a 5pin TO220 as this regulator has 0.067/1.702 pins and 0.356/0.014 pads. Is there already any progress in development of this part?

Can you be more specific. So the LM2575 above is different, do you want one with a different case, i.e. 314A or 314B, or the D2PAK one.

I think the problem likely is the one above is both smd and broken. The OP had some svg files he was going to load so I didn’t do more than edit the fzp so the part actually loaded. It isn’t a TO220 with offset leads (which the OP and it sounds like this person) wanted.) Perhaps the OP will post his version or I could fix up this part to be through hole if I know which package is wanted (there are several).

Peter

Is this the same one.

Actually I meant the one further up in this thread, I hadn’t remembered fixing that one (and don’t remember if it is offset leads, I think maybe not), but if it will do by all means use it :-). One or the other of them wanted a part with offset leads.

Peter

Yeah. you make so many parts dotted all over the place I worry they end up getting lost.

May I suggest that any of you that create a lot of parts and post them on the forum to start your own thread for just your parts.

I mean to clean them all up and submit them on github so they get it to the repository, I just haven’t gotten there yet …

Peter

You may suggest it… we have all thought about it… it’s a lot of work so we have never got around to it. There would be too many parts for a thread. Github would probably be better. They really need to be catalog in some kind of order so we know what we got and make them easy to find. I thought about it many times just never came up with a good way to organize them… and usually too busy doing something else.

Vanepp pretty much makes and fixes all the parts so it’s only his posts that have to be indexed, and because most are in Part Help they get scattered. Sure you can do a search, but some parts are similar to others but with different part numbers, and that may make a central repository/post quicker to find stuff. If I get bored I will make the post and link all the parts, because Peter has enough on his plate.

I was meaning ones own parts. Each time you post a part you would post it in your own thread and if you made the part because of another thread you would post a link in that thread to your part thread. This would allow you to update your parts without leaving a trail of broken files and also make it much easier to find your own parts when you want to link to it later when asked. Obviously putting them on github and making a pull request to have them added to the main arts repo is best but github can be intimidating and can actually deter people from helping.

That’s what we do, it’s just that Van is so prolific at helping part requests in Part Help that it’s just way too much work creating the parts, upkeeping another tread in Part Submit, upkeeping revisions, and then doing it all again in Git.

We basically hope that people do a part search before requesting a part, and that kind-of finds stuff.

I’d like to say thank-you to all the members of the forum and the community who put in such hard work developing additional components and helping out us Newbies with our relentless and repetitive questions. It may not get said often enough, but we’re very grateful and we deeply appreciate the work you guys do.

Sadly it turns out I’m less skilled at modifying svg files than I thought I was. I’ll take another shot at it but thus far I seem to be missing something that is preventing my files from working correctly.

In that case post the svg or the sketch here (you may need to rename the svg to fzpz because the forum sometimes can’t load an svg). Fritzing has all sorts of tricks and sometimes just asking is much easier.

Peter

just found the LM2575 in TO220 with staggered leads (NDH0005D, NEB0005F). Thats already fine.
But there is also a TO220 version with “straight leads”, package type KC
In this datatsheet

it can be found on page 43 - all 5 pins are inline. Any change to get this package also?

That’s easy enough to do, with the warning that the holes are 0.042 (as the lead width is .040) on .067 centers. With a 10 thou stroke width (1/2 normal) that leaves only 5 thou clearance between pads. I understand the board houses don’t like less than 12 thou although 4 thou is the absolute limit. In any case this should do it.

LM2575 TO220 Straight leads.fzpz (8.8 KB)

Peter

Thank you very much for your efforts, Peter. I downloaded your file and it looks ok in Fritzing. Nevertheless I take your warnings and will change my layout to the staggered version.

May I ask for a further hint? I’m searching for a THT two pin part with two pads in 7mm distance. In the end I would like to make an inductor [http://cdn-reichelt.de/documents/datenblatt/B400/DS_09HCP.pdf]

The pcb grafic should be enough to build my own part … based on an existing inductor

This is a fairly trivial one, swipe some from here and some from there …

09HCP.fzpz (7.6 KB)

Peter