What I expected should have happened instead:

Couldn’t install fritzing due to an error

My version of Fritzing and my operating system:

Latest Version of fritzing
OS is Ubuntu 16.04

Please also attach any files that help explaining this problem

Error:
samsung@samsungUser:~/Downloads/fritzing-0.9.3b.linux.i386$ ./Fritzing
/home/samsung/Downloads/fritzing-0.9.3b.linux.i386/lib/Fritzing: error while loading shared libraries: libgobject-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

There looks to be something wrong with your Ubuntu install. On my 16.04lts development system:

vanepp@GX1:~/fritzing-app$ ls -lR /usr/lib | grep libgobject
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 26 Jan 6 2017 libgobject-2.0.so.0 -> libgobject-2.0.so.0.4800.2
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 339000 Jan 6 2017 libgobject-2.0.so.0.4800.2

and Fritzing runs fine. Presumably this link and/or library is missing on your system. I just installed Ubuntu from the DVD so this should be a standard part of it.

Peter

Are you actually running a 32bit system or did you download the wrong version of Fritzing and you actually wanted the 64bit version.

When I search in Google for the library and add the word Ubuntu the first thing I get is this forum thread.

it says to run

sudo apt-get install libgtk2.0-0:i386 libsm6:i386 

which would install those 32bit libraries on a 64bit system which is not what you would want if you actually have a 64bit system unless you are trying to run the 32bit version for some reason. I think to install those in the format that matches your system you would run it but delete the :I386 from each one.