Share your custom made parts here

In the 2nd photo put the ruler close to the PCB pins with the 0 on the left edge of the right pin. Because there are a lot of pins the pitch being multiplied makes the measurment more accurate, ie it’s hard to measure 2mm, but it’s easy to measure 10x2=20mm. You can also stand the connector holes up and measure from left edge of right hole to left edge of left hole for more accuracy.

Done, email sent.

In picture 2, I was lining up the first pin (which is not visible) with the zero. 6 pins in about 10 mm.

The ruler was a bit far away so I can’t be sure because of the parallax error, and using common edge measurements make it even more accurate, ie you can’t be accurate eyeballing the centers of holes, but you can be quite accurate measuring edge to same side edge on another hole. 6 pins(5 spaces) in 10mm sounds like 2mm.

Those connectors remind me of small JST connectors.

The picoblade site says “Designed for high-density harness applications Molex’s 1.25mm PicoBlade system provides the same 1.0A of current as similar 2.00mm pitch systems” indicating there are a number of 2mm connectors like this. The problem typically is that they don’t interoperate so you need to know which connector you are trying to match usually to get a good mate. That said this one looks like it may be fairly generic so you may be able to find something that matches fairly easily. The usual problem is either shape of the connector or the key elements (but this one doesn’t look like it is keyed).

Peter

OK, reply back from the company and they say it is a PH10PIN-2.0MM.

1 Like

I can see 10pin 2.0mm pitch, but I don’t know what PH is.

Did you find a datasheet - we don’t have the part so we are never sure what we are looking at is the right one -.

I look to be happily wrong, this does seem to be at least somewhat standard. That said I can’t see a Fritzing part in 2mm spacing so I guess we need to take a .1 shrouded connector and scale it down to 2mm spacing. From the board I assume you want a plated through part?

Peter

I did quick search and it said JST, but I don’t have to part to know if it is one.

Maybe this
https://www.digikey.com/catalog/en/partgroup/ph-series/2825

https://www.digikey.com/en/resources/datasheets/jst/ph-series-datasheet

OK here is a part that should be close. The breadboard is left at .1 spacing and thus isn’t accurate (I can scale it down to 2mm if needed) and the outline in pcb is for a header so the real connector will be bigger in silkscreen, but the pads are 2mm pitch with .030 hole size (They wanted about .028 / .7mm so a little bigger). If you find a connector that fits and you want to use I can adjust the silkscreen to match its outline.

PH10PIN-2.0MM.fzpz (9.8 KB)

Peter

thanks for your work. Much appreciated.

IchigoJam T as a “Kid’s PC”

• IchigoJam BASIC RPi1.2
    https://ichigojam.github.io/RPi/
    IchigoJam was created to make it easy to enjoy programming in the BASIC language.
    It can also be used for electronics hobby by using functions such as digital I/O, PWM, I2C and UART.

IchigoJamT.fzpz (79.4 KB)

1 Like

This isn’t all that much… but it might save someone from having to enter the pin names, etc… This is a simple and very common DIP IC that I am using in a board for a vintage computer. The pin names are taken directly from the data sheet and the images are all the defaults generated by Fritzing.

74LS04 Hex Inverter – TI (and many others)
Breadboard, schematic and PCB views are default for 14-pin DIP IC

74LS04.fzpz (6.3 KB)

1 Like

This isn’t all that much… but it might save someone from having to enter the pin names, etc… This is a simple and very common DIP IC that I am using in a board for a vintage computer. The pin names are taken directly from the data sheet and the images are all the defaults generated by Fritzing.

74LS245 Octal Bus Trasceiver – TI (and many others)
Breadboard, schematic and PCB views are default for 20-pin DIP IC

74LS245.fzpz (7.0 KB)

1 Like

M2716 2Kx8 EPROM – ST Micro (and many others)
Breadboard, schematic and PCB views are default for 24-pin DIP IC

M2716.fzpz (7.5 KB)

1 Like

Hello,
Do you think you could share the fzpz file please? It doesn’t work with the fzp only.
Thank you in advance