Resistor sizes [extra text required for the title]

i guess this is beginner, so.

i have a perfboard placed out and I’m trying to do 2 things.

1. extend the legs on a resistor

2. place a component the wrong way on a board.

3. i select a resistor from the core, drag it to blank space off the board, change it to THT, change the pin spacing to 500mil. no change.
    tbh the ability NOT to be able to select the specific component you want BEFORE you drag it seems ridiculous to me

4. i can place a component on a pcb, and choose the layer, but with a perfboard i am stumped. i can move the component up and down, but not the top and bottom of the board. i guess my design is too out there, as i wish the leds to be on the top of the board, but the components on the bottom.

side: yes, i am a complete beginner, as i can’t even get the forum to operate as i would like… 1 = 3, 2 = 4

Only PCB has the ability to double load a board.

IN BB view the length of parts don’t change, you pull the bendable leg red end longer, place resistor on pref, and re move bendable leg to hole simulating the actual distance.

You drag generic part to the view and change what you want in the Inspector to customise the part.

Welcome to the club :slight_smile: if you want to document a design on perf board (which is usually what I want to do) I suspect you are better off using the breadboard view than pcb. that may not be correct in your case because you appear to want to use both sides of the board and as far as I know breadboard doesn’t support that (but then I’m a newby too). It will however let you click on a resistor lead and drag it the appropriate number of holes and happily extend. If you enter breadboard view and delete the breadboard (by selecting it and hitting the delete key) you can then hit the core parts menu and drag in a perf board (or strip board) from the breadboard view section near the bottom and do your wiring on it. For documentation purposes (because I expect the wiring not to work correctly!) you could put two side by side, one for the top and one for the bottom (as noted schematic and pcb views are likely to not be happy about this though).

Peter Van Epp