MB6S bridge rectifier SOIC4-W

Hi; I need (only) the PCB layout for this bridge rectifier. I tried to use the generic IC tool, but it only goes down to 8 pins and I only need 4 pins on the PCB.

Any possibility to change the generic IC to allow selection of 4 pins?

thanks
Mike

Setting the generic IC to 4 pins works for me using Fritzing 0.9.6 on Fedora 33.

What version of Fritzing are are you using? What OS environment?

I’m using 9.6 on Win10.

I can also get 4 pins on a THT part - but not on SOIC. Having just considered the THT parts - they are in fact too large for the space I have available.

So - I am still hoping for help on the SOIC package.

thx
Mike

Hi Peter vanepp;
Is there any chance of a response on being able to set 4 pins on the “SO” version of the universal IC? At the moment the lowest setting is for an 8 pin chip. I personally only need the PCB plan for a board I am wanting to design.

thanks

Mike

If it isn’t there now it would likely require a code change (and thus a new Fritzing release) to implement because the current foot prints are created by the parts factory. If you have a data sheet of the part that you want, a custom part is much easier than a code change. There isn’t enough of a description here of exactly what footprint you want to make one.

Peter

It looks like this part should do what you want.

specifically the Bridge rectifier TO-269AA.fzpz file appears to match a Vishay MB6S part.

Peter

Many thanks, Peter.

I will go to work on it and see what I can do. I’ve made a number of odd ball pcb’s and love Fritzing!!

Mike