Installation problems on - Debian 10

Hello folks;

I recently purchased a copy of 0.9.4, and have downloaded both bionic and xenial, but get this same issue:

When I try and run the inall script, per the instructions:

`/.Fritzing`

I get the following error:

`error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory`

If I do a “whereis libssl”, I get the following results:

libssl: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libssl.a /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libssl3.so /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libssl.so

Can someone please give a hand on what’s going on?

Thanks!

Looks like a version problem. Fritzing is probably still using the older ssl library, which does not exist in the current Debian distro. version 1.0.0. You will need to get a copy of the older library, and put it somewhere in the search path.

That is actually (from memory) a script to run Fritzing locally without installing. The install script was seriously broken, and removed.

Thank you for answerig my question.

I don’t mean to press, but as a beginner I’m still trying to navigate my way around.

If I undertand your answer:

1. I need to get a older copy of the distro, I’ve checked debain but am not sure what version I’m looking for as it seems to match. Can you please advise on what package I’m look for?

2. How do I put it into my search path?

Sorry for asking these questions, but having to pay for software, I was kinda hoping to have a little more guidance from Fritzing on how this works.

I’m not really impressed with “Pay for beta” when things don’t work.

I am not an expert, just a “technical” user. Not (necessarily) an older version of the distro. An older version of the library. Specifically libssl.so.1.0.0.

Which probably could be put into folder /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/. I typically run Fedora, not Debian, so exact details are lacking. I just recognized the library file, and remember having similar issues in another case.

For package, Debian uses apt or apt-get. Can you ask one of those which package “provides” libssl? And have it install an older version? Otherwise locate someplace a binary for that version of the library, and copy it to the the folder.

If there was a way to tell Fritzing to ignore the missing library, everything should work except for the automatic core parts library updates. Which could still be done manually using git

While I don’t currently have 0.9.4 on Linux, the command above doesn’t look correct to me (which may just be a typo though.) My usual method is to download the appropriate tar file and untar it, then switch to the directory and either double click on Fritzing (which is the Fritzing application) or in a shell cd to the fritzing directory and do ./fritzing (or ./Fritzing if Fritzing is capitalized, I’m currently on Windows which ignores capitalizations :slight_smile: .) and it should start. If you are trying to use one of the install scripts it may be trying to use old libraries.

Peter