How do I shrink part in schematic?

I drew the schematic a few years ago on a Windows system. I just imported it into a Linux system Fritzing (New install…).

Most of the schematic is fine, but the stepper motor drivers, AD4988 (2) imported way too large and I can’t figure out how to resize them? If I delete them, then the associated wiring disappears as well, so that would mean re-routing the connections. I there an easier way?

Also, the parts seem to be bolded.
Thanks

Dennis

To shrink them you would need to create new parts and reduce the size with an svg editor such as Inkscape. To replace the parts without rewiring delete the part with “delete minus” which removes the part but leaves the wires in place. When you place the new part you then need to move each wire in each view to cause it to reconnect (which can be a pain, but is usually doable.)

Peter

Thanks so much vanepp. Can’t imagine why the part didn’t come in at the correct size like everything else did. I don’t recall if I created the part or not, it has been too long.
Anyway, guess I’ll have to get to work, it is for a magazine piece I’m writing and I’m already behind schedule.
Dennis

If you upload the .fzpz file I can easily fix it up for you.

Peter

Thanks Peter! Hopefully, I found the correct file.
A4988 Stepper Motor Driver Carrier.fzpz (101.7 KB)

If this isn’t correct, them I’m not certain I know how to find it.

Dennis

Yep that is the one. Part of the problem is the current dimensions are in px which means that scale gets guessed at by Fritzing. I’ll fix it up and post it in a bit.

Peter

OK this part should do what you need.

Pololu-A4988-fixed.fzpz (10.0 KB)

This is a new part cloned from the one in core parts and corrected to meet current standards and correct its various faults. You should be able to load this part then delete minus the old part and click and drag the wires to reconnect them. The new schematic meets the graphics standards and is quite a bit smaller as it should be:

Peter

The part worked out perfectly, thank you so much. I’ve done a few custom parts a few years ago and they were sloppy and not well done.

I’ll be giving you credit in the magazine piece. However, the editors will probably leave it out since they go and do their own version of the schematic to suit the magazine’s standards. In any case, I will put it in there.

Dennis