Fix a wire to both part

When I draw a wire from a part (that i’ll call A) to another (that i’ll call B), for example a wire between two atmega328, the wire looks perfect. It go to a pin to my atmega A to a pin to my atmega B, and it’s correct. But, when I try to move the A part, the wire attached to the pin move with it, but when I move the B atmega, the wire remain in it’s current position, without follow the atmega part.
There is a way to fix it?
Thanks!

Which atmega328? there are 23 of them. Which view and which pins. I tried it with 2 atmega328s in all three views and it worked fine.

I’ll try to explain me better with this short video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jdafgh637vr0bj7/Untitled.mov?dl=0
However the atmega pin are an examples, it’s not matter what pin do you use, or what part do you use, you can use an atmega or a led or a resistor or whatever else

Interesting, It looks to me like is has something the breadboards/pegboards, forcing it to snap to the closes pin and take preference over the part. If not on the pegboard or breadboard it works correctly, it also works correctly down the center of the breadboard. If you connect the schematic first, it will also connect the the part pin correctly. It would be my guess that the breadboards/pegboards are suppose to be that way so you don’t need to line the parts directly over the pin holes to establish a connection.

Hi Eternyt,

Experimenting with the breadboard and parts: The atmega328 or any part that connects to the breadboard/pegboard have male pins. The sockets on breadboards/pegboards have female pins. Female to female or male to male pins will not connect. Only male to female pins will connect. The wires will connect to either male or female pins but when in the same proximity will take preference over the sockets (female pins).

But there is a way to fix it?

I am not aware of anyway around it other than, either drag the chip off the board and connect the pins or connect the pin in the schematic first. The only way I can see around it would be to have an override button (like ctrl or Alt) to shift the preference to male pins. That could be requested for the next update. The breadboard view is suppose to represent the real world. In the real world the jumpers would be most likely connected directly to the pins. Although, I can see the significant of it by dragging the chip around with wires connect in designing a pegboard proto. But like is said “drag it off the board, connect all the wires, then drag it around where you need it”. I am aware there are some bug fixes for wire and trace connections with the different views that should be resolved in the next update. In my experience, I have found that connecting the schematic up first, everything else works more smoothly. I had issues with the pcb view when saving, after connecting the schematic view all the issues went away.

To me it seems that doing the circuit design in the schematic view first will make it more easy for now.

And for the fun of it… this could be seen as a feature!!
in a way this forces you to think ahead just like with a real pegboard, there you also have a hell of a job when you want to move a part a few rows. But yea, it would be nice if this digital pegboard would be a bit more easy to handle.