Atlas scientific parts

I am working with a bunch of Atlas scientific sensors and I’d like to make the schematic on Fritzing. Can someone help make these parts?

Once you make one, the others just need a different color and sometimes pin assignments. These are pretty neat sensors and I love them!

Thanks,
Dena
Thanks!

A couple of them are in the Atlas parts bin in core parts:

orp
ph
conductivity
Dissolved Oxygen

the rest will need to be made. I’ll look at it tomorrow.

Peter

The conductivity part dimensions are somewhat off…it is supposed to be the same size as the ORP, pH and DO ones. And I think the serial port expander is smaller than what it is supposed to be.

Could well be. The parts in that parts bin are at least 5 years old and may not reflect current products.

edit: Turns out the part in core has a number of problems (wrong pin spacing being only one) so I fixed it to match the current boards.

edit: correct another type in schematic.

Atlas-Conductivity-Circuit.fzpz (12.1 KB)

Again, an earlier 4 port version which has likely been replaced by the current 8 port version (which is why it isn’t in the list of already available parts.) Here is a new part that should do for the 8:1 serial port board.

Atlas-8x1-Serial-Port-Connector.fzpz (19.0 KB)

edit and another new part

Atlas-inline-voltage-isolator.fzpz (10.5 KB)

edit2 and the rest of the requested parts.

Atlas-EZE-CO2.fzpz (14.8 KB)

Atlas-EZO-PRS.fzpz (15.7 KB)

edit3 replaced temperature part due to a typo in schematic and added updated Disolved Oxygen and pH circuits as the ones in core parts are not quite correct (and don’t reflect the current boards as well.)

edit: Try again to finally fix the typo!

Atlas-RTD-temperature.fzpz (10.8 KB)

D.O. Circuit.fzpz (12.7 KB)

pH Circuit.fzpz (12.4 KB)

ORP Circuit.fzpz (12.2 KB)

that should be all the requested parts.

Peter

2 Likes

This forum cannot thank you enough!

Dena

The new RTD still has the same typo and there is a typo in the conductivity schematic as well. How do I quickly fix it?

It is likely easier for me to fix it. You would need to edit the schematic svgs with a svg editor, then run the result through FritzingCheckPart.py to clean up the things the editors do that Fritzing doesn’t like. I have corrected both typos and will replace both parts in a minute.

Peter

Hi Peter,
It is great to see that you are fixing and updating the parts! It would be also great to incorporate these changes in the repository. I am not sure if they need to be replaced to avoid problems with previous designs that use the old ones, maybe it is better to create a new version and leave the old ones (without errors)).
If you find difficult git, we can guide you. I use SourceTee and it is relatively easy to do it. Another way is to directly do it in the web browser:

A general cleanup of core parts is on my todo list. Before that I need to figure out how part obsoleting works (and document it, as it is AFAIK currently undocumented!) and I haven’t gotten that far yet. I expect the thing to do would be to obsolete the old parts, as they have been replaced by the new ones. My usual problem with github is keeping my local parts repository in sync with the master. Kjell suggested I need to delete my change branches in my local repository before trying to sync to the master copy but I haven’t done that yet.

Peter

Excellent news! :slight_smile:

I think @KjellM did it recently. Maybe he can shed some light into this.

Not sure, if there are rules. But I would say that if the parts were available before, they could still be around. If you obsolete them, I think that they will not be available to use them anymore in new designs (maybe I am wrong).

Yes, git can be a bit cumbersome. Sometimes it is easier to delete your repository in github, fork Fritzing repository again, clone it to your computer and make the modifications in the new repository.
Andres

Uhm, i usually do not suggest to delete branches, especially not for the purpose of syncing with upstream, not sure where this comes from. Maybe i suggested to rebase?

In fritzing-parts I recently worked on an ‘obsolete’ script that should update ids and move files around to obsolete a part and replace it with a newer version.
The script still requires manual interaction, not all of this can be automated. Questions or improvements are welcome.

Obsoleted parts in general are not deleted, just unlisted (and the unlisting might still require additional steps, eg removing the parts from their bin)

Still waiting :slight_smile:

The new RTD still has the same typo and there is a typo in the conductivity schematic as well. How do I quickly fix it?

If you click on the RTD and click edit (top left) > edit current object can you not change it there?

As far as I can see both are now fixed. Downloads from the two parts:

Peter

No. The error is in the schematic svg, so the only way to change it is to edit the schematic svg with Inkscape (or another svg editor) and remake the part. AFAIK parts editor can’t modify svgs except for adding terminals.

Peter

1 Like

th
I am working with a bunch of Atlas scientific sensors and I’d like to make the schematic on Fritzing. Can someone help make these parts? thanks

There are some Atlas parts in core parts and some more in the forum. A google search of the form “fritzing part atlas part-no” (where part no is the part you are looking for) is a good place to start.

Peter

th
i didn’t find it

A pointer to its web page would help. The image doesn’t tell me what it is.

Peter

https://www.okystar.com/product-item/tds-meter-v1-0-oky3472/ help me , thanksyou