After installing version 0.9.6 it is impossible for me to import bitmap files correctly

Steps I took that resulted in the problem:

Core
Silkscreen image
IMG1
Import image, load file image:
Instead of seeing the image, I look at vertical black and white bars

What I expected should have happened instead:

… The imported picture,
In the previous version I was looking at my selected bitmap

My version of Fritzing and my operating system:

0.9.6 WIN10

Please also attach any files that help explaining this problem

If you upload the svg file (if the forum won’t upload it, zip it and name the zipped file something.fzp and upload that telling us it is a zipped svg) one of us will look at it. There is a bug in 0.9.6 with paths that use scientific notation which may be what is biting you.

Peter

I suppose more usefull a picture about the problem, more easy for you . Later i’ll send the picture. Thank’s

It is more that with a copy of the image (not a picture of it!) we can adjust it (such as converting a jpg or png to a svg) so that Fritizng will accept it. Upload is the 7th icon from the left in the reply menu, as far as I know you can’t drag and drop images in to the forum.

Peter

I have managed to replicate issue.
Fritzing V 0.9.6
OS Windows 10

Created a dumb bmp file with windows paint and saved as BMP, PNG and JPG → none of them worked, showing a black square

Took same files, aded some drawing and saved with Paint.net
BMP and PNG showed correctly, but JPG still show a black square

In this post

@opera_night suggested that the image needs to be a png to work. I’d suggest trying that. An alternative may be to insert the image in to a svg as the image processor usually needs the layerId to load correctly.

Peter