35 New & Edited Parts

Yes they are… I already said… Some of parts I had to edit…
Because, in BB view, Every terminals look same and they are all in 2.54mm pitch…
And in PCB view the silkscreen shows their sizes, those hardly match my actual parts…

So, I made them for easy to use and detect the direction easily on PCB…
That’s why, I made more of them with same pitch, but different Silkscreen…

For making PCB, silkscreen is also very important I think…

Like Old_Grey I’m to lazy to go through all the parts, but I did look over 01.transformer 1 and have a few comments for improvement:

in all cases the svgs aren’t at the suggested scale so I rescaled all of them. Makes no visual difference but makes part checking easier.

Breadboard

rescale and renumber connector 5 to connector 4 to remain in sequence. This is important because the labels will display wrong if the pins are out of sequence. Otherwise nothing that needed changing.

pcb:

rescale, then change all the pads to have a stroke width of 20 thou (the recommended size). Adjust the radius on the pads to produce a 0.035 in hole (it is currently a bit bigger than 0.028 which will typically round up to the next higher drill size). Change connector5 and 6 to 4 and 5 to remain in sequence. Change pin to pad on 5 and 6 to match the rest of the pins.

schematic:

First in Inkscape did Edit->select all then resize page to content as the drawing is beyond the view box and will thus truncate. You should always do this just before saving a svg file to make sure the viewbox is correct. Then rescale the drawing. The two bottom pins on the transformer are not aligned to the .1 grid:

while the grid doesn’t show very well in this, your part (on the right) has the pins connecting to j6 and j7 half way between two grid lines. Corrected that to properly align the pins to the grid. First I went through and changed the stroke widths on all the terminal lines to be 10 thou (because connecting lines in schematic art 10 thou and it is desirable the two match). Changed pins 5 and 6 to 4 and 5 to maintain sequence.

fzp file

Change pins 5 and 6 to 4 and 5 to match the svgs and changed the pcb layer for pins 5 and 6 from pin to pad.

Ran the part through the FrtizingCheckPart.py script to flag any errors (there are none) and to clean the trailing px on font-size and inline the style commands (Fritzing doesn’t always support CSS, so inline is safer). Rezip the result to produce this new part (so you can load your original along side this to see the changes):

01_Transformer_improved.fzpz (6.3 KB)

Hope this helps …

Peter

1 Like

Thanks for the improvement…

The transformer is the first part I created, there was no ferrite core Tr available.
It took me about a month to understand the editing rules in every view.
The thickness in schem was 5x at first, I recently change it…
Also, thanks for the hole size info…

But, I did not understand, why you put two pins with same number (pin 4)…
There are total 6 pin in that part…

Yes there are indeed 6 pins. In the outside world they are usually numbered 1 to 6, but in Fritzing they are numbered 0 to 5 (something that confuses a lot of people :slight_smile: ). Your original part skipped pin 4 to define pins 5 and 6. That is a problem because Fritzing for reasons I don’t yet understand (because I haven’t dug in to the source that far yet) predicts what the next pin number will be when displaying labels when you hover over a pin. If the pins are out of sequence it will display the wrong label for the out of sequence pin which is an error. For this part that probably doesn’t matter, but the part checking script detects out of sequence numbers and complains (and it is incorrect as noted).

Peter

Okay, I checked the svg file. Now I get it…
The problem was in the pin name in the svg file…

I noticed that from the beginning of editing parts… That’s not confusing to me…
But it get confusing when I was creating new parts…

When I create a new part, In editing window, I always remove all the reference part’s connectors, and then I put my pin number in “number of connection”…
And the Fritzing unfortunately creates new number of pins from “connector1”
And for auto pin connection I number my pins from “connector1pin”…

Anyway, If you check my “Pro-mini-MU”… then you’ll get Huge number of errors… :stuck_out_tongue:
(I just checked the svg…!!! :dizzy_face:)

Also, I’m going create a topic about some Fritzing problems, that should be fixed by now, don’t know why this amazing software did not updated after 2016…!!!

That’s fairly easy. Fritzing was originally a funded University research project. Then the funding ran out and it converted to open source with the hope that donations would fund the project. That hasn’t happened and development has died and probably most of the developers have moved on. I have been trying for about the last 2 years (with no particular success so far) to get a development environment up and running. At present I’m working on the parts check script to get it to remove tspans from the parts in core. That is because the current version of Qt (the framework Fritzing runs on top of) dies if it hits a tspan. Once the handful of parts in core are fixed then maybe I can get development going although last I checked (last summer sometime) the 32 bit Windows version of Qt was not installable and it is required to make a release. The reason for making a release is that at present parts update is broken on at least Windows 7 due to it using TLS1.1 which github no longer supports. If you are willing and able to help start development up again the help would be greatly appreciated. I need to find someone capable of bringing up a development environment on the Mac (I can do Linux and Windows but don’t have a Mac) as well. There is a thread on my progress (mostly the lack of it) in the developers section of the forum. It hasn’t been updated in a long time though.

Peter

1 Like

Oh! I didn’t know that… Feeling very Sad after hear that…
But, the best thing is this App sill used all over the world. And working without problem.
I believe, there is still no any App created to beat it.

And thanks to all of u to keep supports alive…

I’m happy to help, but don’t know how…
Because, I’m not a professional electronics engineer, it’s my favorite hobby,
And I love to learn new things… And studied on programming language, so I work on AVR projects…
But, I can do making new parts, but u are so fast and good at it…

Anyway, so I don’t think the issues are not to fix at present, but we can still hope for the best…
Still I’ll post a topic in short, At least there should some other way I hope…

Thanks…

If only that was true :slight_smile: , at present parts update at least on Windows 7 is broken. It will not automatically update the parts repository as it used to. The work around is to manually clone the parts repo but that is a pain in the ass. I have a fix, but at present can not build a distribution successfully to try and get that fix out there. Eventually other stuff is going to break as operating system apis change, so if we can’t release updated code Fritzing will likely eventually die.

Peter

Okay, please don’t give me a heart attack…
I’m using it on windows 7…!!

Are you talking about the core parts?

Yes. For now you need to clone the parts repository on git hub:

in to directory

path_to_fritzing_install\fritzing-parts

and then start Fritzing and click

part->regenerate parts data base

to install the updates as the automatic check doesn’t work. You can verify it isn’t working for you by clicking

help->check for updates

If you get (as I do)

Check for Updates

Unable to access network site for ‘path_to_parts_directory_above’
Fritzing cannot update the parts folder automatically.

then you have the issue and need to do manual updates until (if) the problem gets fixed. As far as I am aware I am the only one working on fixing the problem and as noted I’m not having a lot of success so far.

Peter

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve the issue,
I thought, it’s not a installation package… That’s why it cannot update automatically…!

Thanks for the updated link…
I replace them… And at the first opening got an error of 14 parts…

After regenerate it’s working… And there are many new parts…

I only check two of them,
OMRON PCB Power Relay – G5LE = I think the silkscreen updated…

But, no “Standard Relay” that I made… that relay is only can be seen on “Mini Relay Shield” BB view…!! :thinking:

7805 (T0-92) = still got wrong pins. (is it really exist…?) :man_facepalming:
Also, I made this as 78Lxx…!!

Hola por favor me puedes ayudar a realizar el modulo electrochouse voice V3

It is easy enough to do with sufficient information, but information appears to be lacking. I can’t find a mechanical drawing of the board (for the size of the board and the x/y position of the connectors) or even a pin out of all the connectors on the board, both of which are needed to make a part. For instance there are 6 pins on one side of the board with no labels and no indication of what they do. If you can supply that information a part is easy enough to make.

Peter

via google translate:

Es bastante fácil hacerlo con suficiente información, pero parece que falta información. No puedo encontrar un dibujo mecánico de la placa (para el tamaño de la placa y la posición x / y de los conectores) o incluso un pin fuera de todos los conectores de la placa, los cuales son necesarios para hacer una pieza. . Por ejemplo, hay 6 pines en un lado del tablero sin etiquetas y sin indicación de lo que hacen. Si puede proporcionar esa información, una parte es bastante fácil de hacer.

OK here is an almost part. It is an almost part because it is almost certain that the pin spacing in pcb is wrong since it was created from a .png file. Other than that the part works and matches the description of the board. If you have one of these please print out the pcb on paper at 1 to 1 scale and compare it to the real board to see how close the pin layout is so I could correct the part to be accurate.

elechouse-voice-recognition-module-v3.fzpz (41.0 KB)

Peter

Hello Blue,
Thank you taking the time to make the parts.
I’m new to Fitzing.
Blue would you happen to have a part for a DFplayer Mini

John

Welcome aboard, hopefully this means forum registration has been fixed (i.e. did you just now join the forums?) While I’m not Blue, I can answer your question. A google search for “fritzing part DFplayer Mini” turns up:

In there in the dist directory you can download DFRobot-DFPlayer-Mini.fzpz which is a Fritzing part file. In Fritzing file->open->DFRobot-DFPlayer-Mini.fzpz will (hopefully) load the part in to your mine parts bin ready for use. If it doesn’t work or doesn’t do what you need, post and I’ll have a look at it. Parts from the net are of random quality, some excellent some poor, but they all come with source and thus can be fixed with enough effort. There is also a project (the first listing in fact) that may or may not be the same part. I’d try the github one first though.

Peter

Thank you very much.

Salve è possibile creare un fotoaccoppiatore a 4 piedini? tipo PC817. Grazieeee

A google search for “fritzing part pc817” turns up this part:

via google translate:

Una ricerca su Google per “fritzing part pc817” mostra questa parte:

Peter