16x2 I2C LCD Part

Very new to Fritzing so be gentle.

I’ve had a look about and either I’ve lost the plot and its staring me in the face or its not in the standard parts bin. But, is there a 16x2 LCD that is I2C rather than the wirefest that is the standard 16x2 LCD? Or do I need to create a part / use an I2C module

Thanks

Alex

1 Like

googleing for Fritzing 1602 lcd i2c part (or ritzing 1602 lcd i2c part as I actually did :slight_smile: ) turns up:

http://fritzing.org/projects/lcd-i2c-analog-inputoutput-displayed

which from only a look at the description appears to include one of the i2c converter boards.

Peter Van Epp

1 Like

That’s the one I found too Peter. I think I’ll make life easier and leave a header on the board rather than trying to wire it all in until I can work out how to produce a proper part.

Thanks

Alex

I’m struggling with the create a part issue right now (or more correctly will be again once I finish a different task) so perhaps I’ll have some pointers, as it isn’t at all easy and all the docs I’ve found are not very good (they tend to leave out a lot of vital details).

Peter Van Epp

@g7kse, Is this what you are looking for? LCD1602-I2C.fzpz (10.2 KB)

11 Likes

Spot on Steelgoose. Thanks very much

Alex

1 Like

Thanks steelgoose
u are da best

Thank you so much for this. You literally saved me hours worth of work. Great contribution!

yes this is really helpful

I don’t have a copy of the 2x16 version (which this is) but I do have a copy of the 4x20 I2C version which may do:

LCD2004-I2C.fzpz (19.5 KB)

Peter

1 Like

Ah! Looks like I found one that worked for someone here:

If you download the .fzz file the converter should show up in the temp parts bin and can be exported as a part and used.

Peter

This helped me a lot and saved me a lot of time searching for comparisons.

Thanks a lot. As there is no discrete I2C module available in Fritzing, so this works fine. Thanks the creator.

1 Like