Where is my GDPR email

I have not received any GDPR email from Fritzing or the Fritzing forum. Who is responsible. Someone best get on to it pronto.

my understanding is if you have given fritzing.org , or any company for that matter, consent in the past then that consent is still valid. if you no longer want them to have that consent then you should notify them. a majority of those gdpr emails that companies sent were completely unnecessary. existing customers did not need to receive them.

One more email I didn’t need. Especially when they didn’t really say anything.

That is so true. Emails flooding inboxes is not good. But, if I understand it correctly, it is meant to be a declaration of compliance. Maybe pinning a post on the forum would do the trick.

I extracted what I thought is necessary to keep the data hounds at bay:

A short explanation about The GDPR
The EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) is a comprehensive data privacy and protection regulation that takes effect on 25 May 2018. Under the GDPR, you have various rights with respect to your personal data, including the rights to know what personal data we maintain and the purposes for which it may be processed, receive a copy of your personal data upon request, and request that your personal data be corrected or destroyed. You can learn more about the GDPR and your rights under the regulation here.

Use of Your Personal Data
Fritzing collects, stores, and processes personal data within and outside the EU for various purposes in compliance with applicable data protection laws, including the GDPR. The personal data that Fritzing processes may include your name, postal and email addresses, phone number, function, jurisdictions. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at ---blabla---@fritzing.org

Please take some time to review our updated privacy policy…