TP4056 Charger board

Tried that and it won’t let me save it like that. It automatically put the px back when I pressed Set.

You can’t do that in INK, you need to do it in WordPad. XML edit it

It doesn’t matter now I’ve put it in Peter’s part.
Here it is - TP4056-2.fzpz (11.6 KB)

3 Likes

Finally got there with your much needed help. I think I need to stop trying to design my project and start playing with Ink. That way I might get to work it a bit better. I know how to work Corel Draw better, but no matter what I do I can’t get draw to do what I want it to do and it keeps adding stuff in XML I don’t have a clue what it is. Computers will be the death of me yet. :smile:

Use whatever vector package you like, we only use INK because it free.

I know my instructional vids will take half a day to watch, but you will save 10x as many hours than fumbling around. I don’t do any computer stuff these days without spending days watching tutorial videos because everything is complicated. Even similar programs have their own individual foibles so knowing one won’t help you with another. I would’ve spent 10hrs each on FZ, KiCad, Altium, and Eagle before I decided to go with FZ.

As Old_Grey said we use Inkscape because its free (and in my case because being free, its the most likely thing for other people to be using, so knowing its quirks is helpful). Corel Draw works fine, in many ways better than Inkscape I think. I’m working on a python script that will remove the px from font size and do a variety of other things that Inkscape does that Fritzing doesn’t like but it isn’t quite ready for release yet.

Peter

Don’t get me wrong I think Fritzing is great and look forward to your new script Peter. I agree Ink is good and even better because it’s free, but like all new programs takes a bit of getting used to. I use Corel 12 which is a good few years old now so Ink is maybe ahead of 12 in many respects. PCB design is also new to me so learning lots as I go. My main interest is brewing beer, and love tinkering, hence my current project. Many thanks to you both. You have been very helpful in pointing me in the right direction. :slight_smile:

As always this has been interesting and educational :slight_smile: , turns out the text problem is nested tspan text groups (and the incorrect fonts). I’m not sure how you got the nested tspans (most likely something Inkscape did for reasons unknown) but fritzing doesn’t like them. I’m adding a test for that and non supported fonts to my script …

Peter

Many years later, but I cobbled this together from the previous posts.
Has a nice breadboard, schematic, and pcb view

TP4056 Charger.fzp (4.0 KB)

Many thanks. I’m sure it will be useful…

Bob