To flip or not to flip, that's the flipping question

When creating a simple circuit based on a stripboard, having got it all sorted with tracks (virtually) cut and parts laid out, it’s time to actually prepare the board and cut the tracks appropriately on the physical board. But you can’t simply cut the tracks as shown for the part because in Fritzing the cuts appear on the top, whereas in reality they need to be cut on the underside of the board.

No problem I think. Duplicate the part and flip it so I have the mirror image and can cut the tracks according to that. But I cannot flip the stripboard as those options are greyed out. This leads to 2 questions:-

What determines whether a part can be flipped (some can) and why can I not flip the stripboard?

What would be the recommended method for cutting tracks on the underside, based on the Fritzing part that shows the cuts on the top side?

Yep, that is a bummer… the stripboard is a parametric part… it is generated on the fly where you enter the columns and rows and the script creates a board of a proper size. Some parts can be flipped which is set in the .fzp file… but flip does not mean flip from front to back… in the breadboard view, flip would just mirror the part (reverse it). No parts in the breadboard view has an image of the back side. The only part that I am aware of in FZ that has both a front side and back side is the PCB in the PCB view…

‘Flip’ and ‘Mirror’ mean the same thing in this context.

It seems a bizarre omission that you can use Fritzing to lay it all out and work out what you need to do, but then it can only provide the mirror image of what you actually need to prepare the board.

I ended up taking a screen shot and flipping the jpg as that was easy. But not as simple as if Fritzing could do this for you.