TE466 Single Motor Shield Generic VNH2SP30 Host Board

Manufacturer: Unknown / Generic
Model Number: TE466 (usually, but sometimes it goes by other names)
Views: PCB & Breadboard
Tested: Breadboard

This is a knock-off of the SparkFun Monster Moto Shield, but it only supports a single motor, and doesn’t pass through the pins from an Arduino.UNO like the SparkFun board does. This board seems to be available from multiple sellers on EBay, Amazon, and direct-from-Asia sites like alibaba.com and dx.com (deal extreme). Search for “Monster Moto Shield” or “Mini Monster Moto Shield”, or “Mini VNH2SP30 Stepper Motor Driver” (or some variation thereof) to find it.

TE466.fzpz (15.2 KB)

Note: This was my first attempt at making a custom component for Fritzing, so it’s probably messed up in many ways. Tried to get the measurements for the solder-pads / through-holes right, but I was measuring from an actual board with cheap calipers, so the graphics are probably only “sorta close.” I wouldn’t recommend having anything fabricated based on this component.

Someone asked for help with this part (which has some problems) so I fixed it up. As always before ordering boards print the pcb footprint out at 1:1 scale and compare it to a real part (I don’t have one so this was done from a jpg image!) As well the mounting holes are only on silkscreen (and won’t be drilled) if you want mounting holes you need to drag a pcb hole item in to the sketch, set the correct hole size and place it over the hole in the silkscreen layer.

TE466-fixed.fzpz (12.9 KB)

Peter