Stereo potentiometer

stereo potentiometer

A part that should match this data sheet. Breadboard is a bit odd due to the offset pins. As always print out the pcb footprint and check it against a real part before ordering boards.

Una parte que debe coincidir con esta hoja de datos. Breadboard es un poco extraño debido a los pines de compensación. Como siempre, imprima la huella del pcb y compruébela con una pieza real antes de ordenar tablas.

Stereo POT.fzpz (10.1 KB)

Peter

2 Likes

Hi, how can I modify your stereo pot making the two variable resistor “detachable” one from another in the schematic ? I’m asking this because I’m trying to replicate something that has the two resistor pretty far from each other in the original schematic

Two options: you modify the schematic svg to what you want using a svg editor such as Inkscape then remake the part (or use parts editor (probably difficult tutorials here)

or you provide a datasheet or image for what you want and I do it (likely much easier).

Peter

Hi Peter, basically it’s just the same stereo pot, but with the possibility of moving the two resistor away from each other in the schematic. When I select them I can only moving them together, they are “coupled”. I have to “uncouple” them.

@vanepp What seems to be needed, is the same part, but with schematic subparts. Same data sheet applies.

Ah! Thanks now light dawns! I’ll do that.

edit

OK done. Here is a new subpart part

Stereo-POT-subparts.fzpz (7.1 KB)

which looks like this (ignore the colored circles, they are for a bug report I need to file on this part.)

breadboard identical to the original

schematic now has subparts (although by default they don’t show)

pcb is identical

so if you need pcb you need to verify your pot matches the data sheet at the top of the post otherwise you will need a modified pcb. With all of that done here is the change, now the two pots move independently in schematic

note the dashed interconnected lines are separate (only to indicate it is part of a ganged pair) because there is no way to link them. The bugs aren’t affecting the operation of the part, just the display so shouldn’t interfere.

Peter

Do you have 100KA, Dual Audio Potentiometer. It’s a 8-pin potentiometer

Nope. If you have the data sheet I can however make one easily enough. I assume the extra two pins are probably for a switch, but the datasheet is needed to specify the pcb layout.

Peter