Stepdown 5V to 3.3V module

Step Down 5V to 3.3V.fzpz (7.3 KB)

Looks pretty good, a couple of minor issues: both breadboard and schematic lack their proper layer name (i.e. a group called breadboard in the breadboard svg and a group called schematic in the schematic svg). The only problem I know that causes is that your part won’t export as an svg in Fritzing. There are also silkscreen and copper1 groups in breadboard and schematic but I think they will be ignored.

Peter

This is my first attempt to share a part. I have made changes according to your recommandations. Hope it is OK now. When this one is accepted as usable, I have a couple more. I just want this simple one to be correct first.
Step Down 5V to 3.3V.fzpz (7.2 KB)

Not sure I had it saved before export. So here again

1 Like

Yep that looks right. You might want to look over the tutorials listed in this thread yesterday:

You also may want to add connectorxterminal to breadboard view (much the same as schematic and for the same reason, so the pin connects at the edge of the connector rather than the center of the pin as it does with only the pin defined). Feel free to post here if you have questions or need help because we need more people making good parts to help Fritzing grow and a variety of us will provide help.

Peter

I have changed the breadboard connection now to the edge. I did not use the part in breadboard view myself. Only PCB and schematic.

Looks fine now. It is desirable to do all three views properly even if you aren’t using them, as someone else that needs the part may need breadboard too (I for instance rarely use pcb because I’m usually building on perfboard).

Peter