Release 0.9.3b system error

I downloaded release 0.9.3b, but when I try to start the program I getting a “system error ” program stack as address 0xc0000022. I tried to download again the software and to reboot the computer but I get the same message.

I am currently running Windows 7, 32 bit

thank you

While this is a new error that we haven’t seen before, here is something to try:

There are two user directories (with your parts and the parts database) which don’t get touched during an install (to not affect your sketchs during upgrades). On Windows they are in

c:\users\username\AppData\Fritzing\roaming\Fritzing (which is a hidden directory so you need to enable hidden directories in explorer) and

c:\Users\username\My Documents\Fritzing (where username is your windows id)

If you don’t have any parts or sketches you want to keep you can just delete those two directories and Fritzing will receate them, or you can move them aside by renaming them if you wan to keep something in them.

I suggest deleting those two directories and then retry the install. If that doesn’t fix it, search the forums for “dll” as Frtizing needs the C runtime libraries installed. It is possible you have a runtime version that won’t work with Fritzing and installing one of the ones known to work will fix the problem (although the usual message is missing dll, not bad stack). It may also be useful to check that all the programs in the zip file actually got extracted without you antivirus deleting any of them. Fritzing does work fine in Win7 32bit as I have it running on an old EEEpc laptop under win7 32. As well when Frtizing starts it will go to github to download new parts. This causes it to appear to hang, and you just need to wait a long time til it completes (interrupting it is usually what corrupts the two user directories).

Peter

I have found only one Fritzing directory in the following link:
c:\users\username\AppData\Fritzing\roaming\Fritzing
and deleted it. I didn’t find the second Fritzing directory in the following link:
c:\Users\username\My Documents\Fritzing
I deleted the Fritzing new version and down loaded it again
and received the same system error.
I downloaded the previous Fritzing version release 0.9.2b this version
works fine on my computer. I looked again at the two directories that you have suggested to delete and found only one directory while the second was not found.

One of them on Windows is a hidden direcotry (the appdata one). To find it you need to click on explorer then Organize->Folder and Search options->View->Hidden files and folders and click the Show hidden files, folders and drives box then apply. Now the appdata folder should show up and be deletable. I usually leave the box ticked, but you can click the Don’t show hidden folders button when you are done to go back to normal.
edit: while I’m here you should have something like this:

Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x64)-12.0.21005

in the list from control Panel ->Programs-> Programs and Features. Since this is likely what is setting the stack value it is complaining about, if clearing the user files doesn’t fix this this would be the next place to look . The year above can vary, I have three of them, 2005 2013 and 2015. There are probably later ones as well but nothing I have has wanted one yet :slight_smile: .

Peter

Hello
The hidden Fritzing file in the following link: was found and deleted.
c:\users\username\AppData\Fritzing\roaming\Fritzing
The following file was not found
c:\Users\username\My Documents\Fritzing

The previous Release 0.9.2b is working properly.

FOR Microsoft VISUAL I have 4 rows from 2008
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008Redistributable (x86)-
and one row from 2010.

The problem is not Fixed
thank you

If deleting the c:\users\username\AppData\Fritzing\roaming\Fritzing didn’t fix the problem then the only other suggestion I have is try loading the latest C runtime library from this link (in another thread about the missing dll which is the usual error) as perhaps your run time libraries are too old.

https://www.smartftp.com/support/kb/the-program-cant-start-because-api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0dll-is-missing-f2702.html

Peter