Question about jumpers

Good suggestion, I hadn’t thought of offsetting the grid and then snapping, that may be easier than editing the radius …

Peter

It is interesting to see how different people go about solving the same problem. For myself I never came to either solution provided here for dealing with the offset created in Inkscape when changing the pad/ring size.

Here is my solution. In this example we will change all through holes from 1mm hole with 0.5mm ring to 0.8mm hole with 0.5mm rings. As we can see from the changes you will end up with rings that are 0.2mm smaller in diameter than the original rings. So we go through the SVG and change all the rings to be the new size and then move the entire Copper layer up and right by half of the change in diameter. So in this case we move the entire group up and right by 0.1mm. If we had made the Rings larger we would move them in the opposite directions.

This has been good! Two new ways to deal with the problem. I must admit if I ever manage to finish the python script to fix svgs and check fpz files, I’m thinking a script that can do stuff like this automatically in the xml is interesting (although given how long the check script is taking it may be way in the future :slight_smile: ).

Peter