Problems installing Linux Mint 19

Hello! I’m having trouble starting Fritzing, when I try to open it it displays a series of errors:

the first one says: we are having problems with the change mechanism.
Fritzing trying to solve the problem, but it will not be possible to modify the properties of the components.

2: http://ap.imagensbrasil.org/images/2019/03/09/2.png

3: http://ap.imagensbrasil.org/images/2019/03/09/3.png fritzing can not load component package

the third says: then the program opens normally, but it is not displaying the components that appear on the right side of the screen.

I tried to run the fritzing-0.9.3b.linux.i386.tar.bz2 and then fritzing-0.9.3b.linux.AMD64.tar.bz2 files for the first time, but neither of them installed, I found the following code:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa: ehbello / fritzing
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install fritzing

the terminal returned the message that ppa does not support bionic, so I just installed fritzen and then it started

Anyone know what could be causing these problems?

My Linux version is Mint 19 Cinnamon
and kernel 4.15.0-46-generic

I am very grateful for your help!

I’d uninstall the version from the repository as it doesn’t appear to be able to install correctly, then clear the user directories assuming you don’t have any sketches (which seems likely as it hasn’t loaded correctly) just delete these two directories via

rm -r ~/Documents/Fritzing

rm -r ~/.config/Fritzing

be careful to type this exactly with no spaces as it will delete everything if you make a mistake here. You may want to check that the directories exist by doing

ls ~/Documents/

ls ~/.config/Fritzing

Now find the correct Fritzing version:

if your machine is 32bit

fritzing-0.9.3b.linux.i386.tar.bz2

if your machine is 64bit

fritzing-0.9.3b.linux.AMD64.tar.bz2

and untar the correct version. Fritzing won’t start automatically after the untar, you need to change to the install directory and run ./Fritzing to get it to start (and then probably want to pin it to the start menu however your linux does that). It will appear to do nothing for some time, just wail, it is getting parts updates from github and interrupting it will corrupt the two directories you deleted and often cause the swapping error you saw originally (as will not installing the parts database which is sometimes the case with the repository versions on linux). That should get you going.

Peter