Part request - Arduino MKR WiFi 1010

Hi,
Does anyone have a part for an Arduino MKR Wifi 1010?

I’ve seen images (jpg) of fritzing sketches that include the MKR WiFi 1010, so I assume the part exists somewhere. I just haven’t been able to find it.

Neither have I. There was a bug report on github about this part (it was recently closed though, so you would need to search the closed reports), but the person reporting it never provided a source for the part. There is a MRK Wifi 1000 from SteelGoose here:

and I understand the pinout is the same so this should work for the 1010.

Peter

Ok, I took SteelGoose’s MKR1000 part, and the svg file from https://create.arduino.cc/getting-started/mkrwifi1010 and made a MKR WiFi 1010 part, if anyone else needs it. It’s a bit rough around the edges, but for the most part, works.

Arduino MKR WiFi 1010.fzpz (40.4 KB)

There are eagle files for this board. I may have seen them the first time, but waited to see if the broken Fritzing part was available before doing anything about it. I’ll generate a part from the eagle files via eagle2fritzing and post it in a bit.

edit:

Here is a part generated from the Arduino eagle files (so the spacing should be correct) and adjusted to meet the graphics standards and hopefully bused correctly (so shared pins all light up yellow when clicked. Please try it and report any errors (as I don’t have one.)

Nov 2023: Someone reported an error (DRC fails) so replace this part with a corrected version.

Arduino-MKR-WiFi-1010.fzpz (12.2 KB)

Peter

I am teaching a course using the MKR WIFI 1010. I modified the SVG to include PIN labels so that students can actually read the schematic.

Screenshot:

Arduino-MKR-WiFi-1010-PIN-LABELS.fzpz (12.8 KB)

1 Like

Hey !
¨
How do I edit this part to make it work on double sided PCB?
I get an DRC error saying it should have both copper top and bottom layers but the svg only specifies one layer.

thx, new here.

Presumably you are using the part in the first post, instead try mine in the second post which (probably among other things) corrects the pcb to be two layer.

Peter

I tried all the parts in this thred…

You are correct, I obviously didn’t check DRC when I posted this. I just posted a corrected version which fixes the error (which looks like this:)

against the new version which looks like this:

Note the connectors on the plugs don’t appear in pcb (which is what DRC was objecting to.) The new part has a new moduleId and thus will load along side the old part. If you wish to keep the traces in a sketch delete minus will delete the old part but leave the traces intact. Drag in the new part then select and drag each trace in each view to remake the connections.

Peter

Awsome, thank you so much!