Part Creation for Arduino Pro Mini

Can anyone help me, i need .fzz file or part file for Arduino Pro Mini. please refer attached image of Arduino pro mini what i have. There is part in fritzing but it is not similar than what i have. There is difference in Pins position like gnd, tx, rx etc. pleaer refer below image.

If you have a url that points to the above pictures or a model number of the board to provide the pin information and dimensions it should be easy enough to either find a part or more likely modify one of the current pro minis to match it. The above pictures aren’t clear enough to do it from though.

Peter

1 Like

Here is a much cleaner image of the board he has.
I may have some time today to work on a part for it.

I also found this pinout diagram that seems to fit (almost):
Attn: I just noticed that this diagram and the picture do not quite match.
The top row is reversed. DTR, TX0, RX1, VCC, GND, GND should be the correct order left to right.
The bottom roe has only A6 and A7. Where A5 is pictured is a GND pin and A4 does not exist

I currently have three variations on the Pro Mini. Two of them are from the same supplier, same description and part number BUT bought at different times and with different pin layouts. Like shooting at a FAST moving target.

Interesting! I would have thought that the pin outs should be the same. From google images, it looks like there may be some different sized boards as well (or may not because scale isn’t clear on the images :slight_smile: ). However all that means is we need a variety of frtizing parts that match a board and thus need the OP to get us a better shot of the board he actually has / needs. At worst you then need to search the available varients for one that matches what you have.

Peter

There are many permutations of the Pro Mini.

The left and right pins are exactly the same on all the ones I have encountered.

As are the The TX/RX at one end - as typically an FTDI paddle board plugs into those.

A4-A7 are in a variety of places. One board has an ICSP connector on it.

Usually I only care about A4 and A5 - I2C and I can add them to a PCB using headers.

But ( have lost interest in Arduino’s as STM32 BluePills are as cheap, far more powerful and as easy to use.

OK DeepeshPatidar, here is a part for the .JPEG image you provided.
Arduino Pro Mini V2 (5V).fzpz (27.0 KB)
I scaled the image assuming the side holes are on .1" (2.54mm) centers, so all of the hole positions on the PCB view should match, but I would check it first. I also bussed the GND connection at the bottom of the image to all of the other GND connectors to make them all one.

Have fun!
Mike

1 Like

The Arduino Pro mini I have and the image i uploaded has the A4 and A5 Pin. Please refer below image. We can use theimage(Image used from mike post, Thanks @michaelr5 )se to connect with I2C line.

Thanks for this! I had missed these. About same price as a pro mini but with more flash and a 32 bit CPU. I’m going to buy some from ebay to play with.

Peter

There are several videos on Youtube about them.
Beyond being faster the Bluepill has an RTC that alone makes them inherently cheaper.

there is an stm32duino comunity - aparently you can use the Arduino IDE and most Arduino libraries with the BluePill.

There is a Fritzing part for the BluePill somewhere, but it has a bunch of problems - if you search the fritzing forums there is discussions about fixing them.

I jumped at the STM32 for other reasons - I worked with STM32F103’s for about 5 years, so I am much more familiar with them than AVR’s.

Every CPU has its quirks and the STM32 is no different. But it is the easiest to use CPU of this power I have ever worked with.

BTW If you want even more power Several people have upgraded BluePills to STM32F3 and STM32F4 processors - Much Much more flash and RAM.
There is usually a version of each STM32 Family that is pin compatible with its predecessors.

And if you want a quantum leap more power than the stm32 - look at the OrangePi Zero.
a $6 Raspberry Pi like board that runs 1.2Ghz and boots linux.
And you can toggle GPIO pins from shell scripts.

It turns out I have a board with the same CPU, but when I bought it a couple of years ago it was $8 against $3 for a pro mini. Now on Ebay at least one blue pill clone is less the $3 (and less than a pro mini). I ordered some to play with.

Another good reference (assuming you can buy more than one at a time anyway). I have a couple of PI zeros, but the frustrating part is that even now you can only buy the $5 version one at a time (which means shipping raises the price unless you have other things you want from the same source) which reduces their usefulness. Thanks for the references!

Peter

There are many stm32 variant boards, like the BluePill, but the BluePill is the cheapest.

For more horsepower there are a variety of relatively cheap STM32F4 boards that are used by the deone community - search for STM32 Flight controllers. I think I have seen these close to $10.

I Mostly work with Orange Pi’s most of the cheap ones are based on Allwinner H2+ and H3’s, they are far more bang for the buck than Raspberry Pi’s.
The OPI0 is much more useful than an RPI0

It has taken several years with no help from AllWinner but the Linux Kernel support for AllWinner SOC’s is now very good.

And you can get an OPI0 with eMMC to boot off of which eliminates SD Card failures

Buying in quantity and getting reasonable shipping is an issue.

I have not looked at trying to buy 5 OPI0’s at one time.

The shipping is still exhorbitant.

But I have designed projects arround OPI0’s.

Remember you get ALOT essentially for free with any form of Linux SBC that will cost alot of programming effort on an STM32 or Arduino.

You have far more Ram and Flash and performance, and a variety of peripherals on board.

Quite Often I redesign Arduino or STM32 boards to use an OPI0 and often save enough in other parts to make up for the more expensive board.

It is much easier to do IoT with a linux board.

1 Like

hello Jorge, not sure how to find in your github… any help? thanks!

Hello Poiuz, I have sent you a message.

1 Like