No Part Search in 0.9.3

I’ve done a new installation of 0.9.3 twice and the parts search facility does not appear. I’ve attached an image of the default installation after automatic upgrading of the parts.

fitzing01

I’ve searched the forums and I only get 3 year old closed forum posts.

If often moves to the bottom of the list. Try using the arrow buttons at the bottom of the list of parts bins to see if it is all the way at the bottom.

It it isn’t at the bottom of the list, then there is a late thread on github where someone found that their AV package was blocking writes to the bin:

As well if you are on Windows, it appears that parts update has broken so to get the latest parts you need to download the repository from github and manually install it. Linux and probably the Mac are still working.

Peter

I’ve searched for it. It’s not on the list anywhere.

If you search in the forums there have been posts about this in the past. I don’t know that we ever found a real solution as people didn’t report success usually (if they in fact had success). Reading the old posts may help.

Peter

I am having the same problem! I am on Mac OS HELP please!

Welcome aboard, your first experience could be better though … I’m not a Mac user (Windows and Linux) but here are some things to try. Does the search window in parts (which is usually the first icon) not appear, or is it there but doesn’t work? If it isn’t there then scroll to the bottom fo the window, as sometimes it gets put at the very bottom and thus isn’t visible on the default screen (we did a week or so of trouble shooting a couple of years ago before the user found this one, at which point we all felt foolish :slight_smile: .) If that isn’t it, the problem is likely file permissions and/or antivirus not letting Fritzing write to the user directories (where it writes the search bin.) So the next suggestion is to disable antivirus for a bit and then see if search works. If it manages to write once my sense is that then AV lets it write and decides that is allowed (but YMMV!) If none of this works then we can try clearing the user directories and/or looking at the file permissions on the search bin.

Peter