Need training on fritzing via team viewer, $40/hr PayPal

Hello, I’m pretty new to fritzing and would like someone to assist designing a PCB with fritzing over team viewer and Skype. I will pay $40.00/hr. Thanks!

I am located in Minneapolis, MN and would like assistance between 9am to 5pm CST.

If you don’t get any takers, a number of us here are willing to help if you can post the parts in the forum (which you may not want to) for free on an as time basis. I think there are some consultants around that have done projects so you may get some responses.

Peter

1 Like

Thanks! you guys are so friendly. I don’t mind paying for someones time, learning from someone with lots of experience is worth every penny!

Maybe an overview of what you want might be helpful for people, ie Vanepp - lol -, to decide.

Thanks for the suggestion! I’m copying a design schematic to make my own version of the PCB (mainly removing components to make it simpler). I don’t understand the best practices for routing traces, ground fills and other concepts. I also would like to have a fab house do pick and place once I have hand soldered some samples (I do have lots of experience with soldering small SMD passives from fixing laptop motherboards).

The PCB has around 50 components, mostly SMD and I’m trying to keep it less than 42x42mm (components all on one side). I want help setting up the buck converter part of the circuit as well. I have an eagle file of a similar board and a schematic of the exact board I want to make (minus removing the stuff i don’t need).

That’s not to bad compared to the big one Pete designed a while ago, plus he’s a EE so knows circuits.

This one may be a show stopper. Fritzing doesn’t support the necessary data for pick and place, so it may not be the appropriate package for doing this. I’m not that familiar with board layout and not at all familiar with pick and place (although other folks here are) so hopefully someone with more experience will comment on how easy or hard it would be to do what is necessary for pick and place with Fritzing or if you would be better off with one of the other packages that has the necessary support.

Peter

I’m not 100% sure because the guy is switching to KiCad, but the Speeduino guy get his boards assembled and they are designed with FZ. Looking at his GitHub they are still only FZ, so maybe the manf house takes care of it.

Are you sure? When you export gerbers you get a pick and place file that has a list of parts with coordinates and rotational data.

No I’m not sure , as I said I’m mostly ignorant about this, but someone asked about 6 months ago about doing pick and place and it was said then that some of the necessary data (center of the part, center of gravity?) wasn’t present in Fritzing parts and I believe he moved on to another package. It is certainly possible that the fab houses can make whatever file they need external to Fritzing, but I’d verify that before starting this project though it would be bad to do the work and find you can’t do the pick and place.

Peter

I am not %100 sure, I think one of the developers works with a fab house that can do pick and place with the outputs. Anyone know for sure? If no, can my project be recycled into another EDA when I’m ready to produce them in higher qty?

As far as I understand no other program will import a Fritzing project. But with that said a pick and place file is nothing but text so in the worst case scenario of Fritzings PNP file being unusable you could hand write the entire thing as long as you understood what was required.

My suggestion would be to send a test set of files to a board house and ask if they are compatible.

Here is a sketch with a bunch of Random SMD parts on a small PCB connected with random traces and a couple of vias.
Random_SMD_Parts.fzz (22.9 KB)

Here are the Gerber files including the pick and place file. (it is actually a zip file and you will have to rename from .fzz to .zip)
Random_SMD_Parts.zip (14.6 KB)

Here is the contents of the pick and place file.

With the reminder that I don’t know anything about pick and place, I agree with @sublimeartistry’s comments. It is likely to be a lot of work to move the project to a new package after you have something done in fritzing, so if you need to, you are better to start in the other package now in my view. It will have a learning curve as long or longer than fritzing and better not to go through that twice. At the very least a test with a simple board to see if it can work (remembering that murphy is always waiting to trip you up later in the project when things get more complex :slight_smile: ) would be prudent. Even then you may find later (and with great pain) that Fritzing wasn’t the appropriate place to start. It is really meant for beginners although it is being successfully stretched much further than that. That is why I raised this issue, it is much cheaper to find out now that another package is more appropriate to this task than after you have invested a lot of time and effort in the project. The only person I know of to try this before gave up on fritzing and moved to some other package, although that may not mean anything except he couldn’t do it, not that it can’t be done. I’d consult with your partner to see what package he has successfully used to do pick and place before and use that if I were doing this.

Peter

I did notice later that part of the issue could be the rotational data. It is based on the original orientation of the part which can vary based on who created it. In my example you will see only one part has a rotation of 90degrees yet 2 of the parts are oriented that direction. The LED I used is oriented by default vertically where all the other parts were oriented side to side. I am sure there is a proper starting orientation required for the pick and place machine to work so one would have to make sure every part used had the correct original orientation.

Man, I am grateful for everyones input here, what an awesome community. This is an great tool for getting stuff done and I bet these features will be implemented some time in the future. I have already learned a lot just by playing around and even had a few PCBs made that actually work! Thanks again to everyone chiming in with their opinions.

I’'ll ask on the Speeduino forum, because i know someone is getting PCB assembled, so give me a tick.

I can do the pick and place with my homemade machine for you if you send me the boards and parts.

No luck with pick-n-place. The Speeduino board that gets assembled in mainly THT so probably hand assembled. Looks like we need a pnp viewer.:slight_smile:

Try this, " https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lvdhj73ivM " , it is in Portuguese but is very intuitive … there are many lessons related this topic … enjoy