Looking for 3 and 5 pin headers

Hi,

I am looking for a 3 and 5 pin header like Header 4. I have the 2 and 4 pin versions, but I am currently using a 6 pin for the 5 pin and 4 pin for the 3 pin headers, but i would rather use the correct connectors so i done waste space and have extra holds etc.

Can any one point me in the right direction please?

Thanks

Ian…

Drag Header 4 on to the board, while the header 4 is selected, go to the Inspector window, from the Package combo box, click on the arrow, and you can select Header 3 and Header 5. I assume you are talking about 1x03-1mm-ra and 1x05-1mm-ra…

Thanks for that, Its the Molex- 1x5 Lock I am looing for. I have found the Molex- 1x3 but there doesn’t seem to be 1x5 version, only 2, 3, 4 and 6.

Ian…

This may be a stupid question… does Molex even make this header with 5 pins?

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/pcb-headers/6795521/

RS seem to sell a Molex Header with 5 pins.

May be I will have to read up and see if I can create something. Not overly fusses about it being the exact item as ling as the pins are in the right place and number. I its got a box around it to show its outline, then even better.

Thanks

Ian…

That is not a problem, I thought you were trying to find this Molex staggered pin header. If you go the the core parts under the connections subtitle, you can create a generic header with number of pins and spacing that you want. The one in the link you attached has a 0.1 (2.54mm) pitch. really easy to make.

1 Like

Thanks for that, that was just what I was looking for.

Ian…