Lbr2svg for converting Eagle Part to Fritzing SVG's

Appreciate the steps/info on how you successfully used lbr2svg. Do you happen to know of a way to convert a Eagle library/part to SVG (for those who don’t have a copy of Eagle)?

There is a free version of Eagle CadSoft.

Like Old_Grey says use the free version of eagle. The Free version restricts the size and number of layers on boards, other than that its the full product

I tried to follow the instructions and pulled the item I wanted out of the spreadsheet, placed it into a new spreadsheet, then saved it as a .dif.

When I run the command “lbr2svg” and get the error “command not found”. I’m in the following directory ~/eagle-7.6.0/lbr/seeed/lbr2svg. I’ve it with the extension and without, as root and without. The file is in the directory. Not really sure what’s wrong.

Try ./lbr2svg to tell it to look for lbr2svg in the current directory.

Do “ls -las” to see that there is an executable lbr2svg in your current directory. i.e. it has the right permissions like executable

I seem to have lots of errors.

sudo ./lbr2svg.pro
: not foundro: 6: ./lbr2svg.pro: 
./lbr2svg.pro: 8: ./lbr2svg.pro: FRITZING_SRC: not found
: not foundro: 9: ./lbr2svg.pro: 
: not foundro: 10: ./lbr2svg.pro: 
./lbr2svg.pro: 11: ./lbr2svg.pro: INCLUDEPATH: not found
: not foundro: 12: ./lbr2svg.pro: 
./lbr2svg.pro: 13: ./lbr2svg.pro: QT: not found
xmlpatterns: could not exec '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt4/bin/xmlpatterns': No such file or directory
./lbr2svg.pro: 15: ./lbr2svg.pro: network: not found
: not foundro: 19: ./lbr2svg.pro: 
./lbr2svg.pro: 20: ./lbr2svg.pro: TARGET: not found
./lbr2svg.pro: 21: ./lbr2svg.pro: CONFIG: not found
./lbr2svg.pro: 22: ./lbr2svg.pro: CONFIG: not found
./lbr2svg.pro: 23: ./lbr2svg.pro: TEMPLATE: not found
./lbr2svg.pro: 24: ./lbr2svg.pro: SOURCES: not found
./lbr2svg.pro: 25: ./lbr2svg.pro: lbrapplication.cpp: not found
./lbr2svg.pro: 26: ./lbr2svg.pro: miscutils.cpp: not found
./lbr2svg.pro: 29: ./lbr2svg.pro: 29544FRITZING_SRC/utils/textutils.cpp: not found
./lbr2svg.pro: 30: ./lbr2svg.pro: 29544FRITZING_SRC/utils/schematicrectconstants.cpp: not found
./lbr2svg.pro: 31: ./lbr2svg.pro: 29544FRITZING_SRC/utils/misc.cpp: not found
./lbr2svg.pro: 32: ./lbr2svg.pro: 29544FRITZING_SRC/svg/svgfilesplitter.cpp: not found
./lbr2svg.pro: 33: ./lbr2svg.pro: 29544FRITZING_SRC/svg/svgpathlexer.cpp: not found
./lbr2svg.pro: 34: ./lbr2svg.pro: 29544FRITZING_SRC/svg/svgpathparser.cpp: not found
./lbr2svg.pro: 35: ./lbr2svg.pro: 29544FRITZING_SRC/svg/svgpathgrammar.cpp: not found
./lbr2svg.pro: 36: ./lbr2svg.pro: 29544FRITZING_SRC/svg/svgpathrunner.cpp: not found
: not foundro: 37: ./lbr2svg.pro: 
: not foundro: 38: ./lbr2svg.pro: 
./lbr2svg.pro: 39: ./lbr2svg.pro: HEADERS: not found
./lbr2svg.pro: 40: ./lbr2svg.pro: miscutils.h: not found
./lbr2svg.pro: 42: ./lbr2svg.pro: 29544FRITZING_SRC/installedfonts.h: not found
./lbr2svg.pro: 43: ./lbr2svg.pro: 29544FRITZING_SRC/utils/textutils.h: not found
./lbr2svg.pro: 45: ./lbr2svg.pro: 29544FRITZING_SRC/utils/schematicrectconstants.h: not found
./lbr2svg.pro: 46: ./lbr2svg.pro: 29544FRITZING_SRC/utils/misc.h: not found
./lbr2svg.pro: 47: ./lbr2svg.pro: 29544FRITZING_SRC/svg/svgfilesplitter.h: not found
./lbr2svg.pro: 48: ./lbr2svg.pro: 29544FRITZING_SRC/svg/svgpathlexer.h: not found
./lbr2svg.pro: 49: ./lbr2svg.pro: 29544FRITZING_SRC/svg/svgpathparser.h: not found
./lbr2svg.pro: 50: ./lbr2svg.pro: 29544FRITZING_SRC/svg/svgpathgrammar_p.h: not found
./lbr2svg.pro: 51: ./lbr2svg.pro: 29544FRITZING_SRC/svg/svgpathrunner.h: not found
: not foundro: 52: ./lbr2svg.pro: 
./lbr2svg.pro: 53: ./lbr2svg.pro: RESOURCES: not found
: not foundro: 54: ./lbr2svg.pro: 
./lbr2svg.pro: 55: ./lbr2svg.pro: win32: not found
./lbr2svg.pro: 56: ./lbr2svg.pro: DEFINES: not found
: not foundro: 57: ./lbr2svg.pro: }
: not foundro: 58: ./lbr2svg.pro:

Looks like you have not built the commands using Qt. Look at the README.md in the brd2svg directory for instructions of how to build with Qt.

Wow, search the file and there is nothing that file about QT. This is in the files I downloaded.

May have to go back to the github and have another look.

This is what I get when running qmake in the directory with all of the lbr2svg files.

~/eagle-7.6.0/lbr/seeed
$ qmake
WARNING: Failure to find: …/…/fritzing-app/src/utils/textutils.cpp
WARNING: Failure to find: …/…/fritzing-app/src/utils/schematicrectconstants.cpp
WARNING: Failure to find: …/…/fritzing-app/src/utils/misc.cpp
WARNING: Failure to find: …/…/fritzing-app/src/svg/svgfilesplitter.cpp
WARNING: Failure to find: …/…/fritzing-app/src/svg/svgpathlexer.cpp
WARNING: Failure to find: …/…/fritzing-app/src/svg/svgpathparser.cpp
WARNING: Failure to find: …/…/fritzing-app/src/svg/svgpathgrammar.cpp
WARNING: Failure to find: …/…/fritzing-app/src/svg/svgpathrunner.cpp
WARNING: Failure to find: …/…/fritzing-app/src/installedfonts.h
WARNING: Failure to find: …/…/fritzing-app/src/utils/textutils.h
WARNING: Failure to find: …/…/fritzing-app/src/utils/schematicrectconstants.h
WARNING: Failure to find: …/…/fritzing-app/src/utils/misc.h
WARNING: Failure to find: …/…/fritzing-app/src/svg/svgfilesplitter.h
WARNING: Failure to find: …/…/fritzing-app/src/svg/svgpathlexer.h
WARNING: Failure to find: …/…/fritzing-app/src/svg/svgpathparser.h
WARNING: Failure to find: …/…/fritzing-app/src/svg/svgpathgrammar_p.h
WARNING: Failure to find: …/…/fritzing-app/src/svg/svgpathrunner.h
WARNING: Failure to find: …/…/fritzing-app/phoenixresources.qrc

brd2svg

Brd2svg is a tool for converting EAGLE .brd files to Fritzing
parts.We make no guarantees about brd2svg’s usefulness or
suitability, and furthermore the program is unsupported: we will
cheerfully ignore all questions, bug reports and feature requests.
We release brd2svg under the same open-source license as that of the
overall Fritzing project (GPL2/GPL3).

How to build it

Brd2svg relies on the Qt Framework, and should work with versions 4 and 5.
To build brd2svg, you first have to install the Qt SDK, and then
easiest path for building it is to use Qt Creator (an IDE that comes with the SDK) to open brd2svg.pro. We have built and used brd2svg on both Mac and Windows (though it has been some time since anyone has used the Mac build). It should also work under Linux.

If you prefer the command line, you can also build it like this:

Mac

brew install qt
qmake -spec macx-g++ brd2svg.pro
make

GNU/Linux

qmake brd2svg.pro
make

try

qmake lbr2svg.pro
 make

Thanks for the help, but nothing but errors. I’m obviously missing some packages to build this.

Try checking out https://wiki.qt.io/Install_Qt_5_on_Ubuntu

Hi…i am a new user here. In my case when I run the command “lbr2svg” and get the error “command not found”. I’m in the following directory ~/eagle-7.6.0/lbr/seeed/lbr2svg. I’ve it with the extension and without, as root and without. The file is in the directory. Any suggestion.

flex pcb assembly

As previously stated for smilliken it looks like you have not built the commands with QT. i.e You need to install QT then
qmake lbr2svg.pro
make

Try reading the whole thread and reading the README.md files in the lbr2svg and brd2svg directories

Not sure what ~/eagle-7.6.0/lbr/seeed/lbr2svg is it looks like something supplied with Eagle. The lbr2svg that I used to convert an Eagle Library
is downloadable at https://github.com/fritzing/eagle2fritzing/tree/master/lbr2svg

This has been a bust. Installed the QT, re-downloaded the files and I get nothing but errors.

I’ll give things a rest for a bit.

I wanted a part once, but didn’t know how to make it for FZ because there are no comprehensive instructions for new parts. It actually took so long to work out how to convert to FZ - PDF to svg to FZ - that it would have been quicker if I leant Inkscape and just drew it from scratch.

If you are an Inkscape expert you can make parts very quick, then you just have to make them conform to FZ XML requirements.

Yes the joys of QT. I am sure it is good but seems to me to be far too clever for its own good. I lost the executable lbr2svg going to Ubuntu 14.04. So to get it back I did the following ( Not sure what I needed to do but this worked for me )
Installed qtcreator: sudo apt-get install qtcreator.
Tried adding QT += widgets to the pro file - still had errors missing xml errors so sudo apt-get install libqt5xmlpatterns5-dev
Then qmake lbr2svg.pro followed by make.

So basically google for the errors. lbr2svg was created with QT4 and there are issues with QT5 that need to be got round.

I have put both executables in a dropbox directory. Not sure if they will work standalone but give it a try https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9ncsa3jrefcx93n/AACStMUNZXIZ891O4I5dOLKwa?dl=0

Thanks for the link. I’ll give them ago.